Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
The Manager of Customer Renewable Solutions is responsible for the municipal electric utility’s distributed solar and green power offerings, including residential and commercial solar incentives, solar permitting, solar rates, community solar, and the GreenChoice voluntary green power program. The position manages a team of 9 staff, and reports to the Vice President of Customer Energy Solutions & Corporate Communications.
Austin, Texas is a vibrant and dynamic city that tops many lists for business, entertainment, and quality of life. One of the country’s most popular, high-profile “green” and culturally rich cities, Austin was recently selected the number one Best Place to Live in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report).
• The City of Austin employment application is an official document.
• The application and resume must mirror each other.
• Statements such as “see resume” on the application will be considered and your application will be considered as an incomplete.
• Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
• The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Gaps in employment must include an explanation and dates of unemployment. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
• Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
• Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
This position requires that two (2) years of the related experience be in a supervisory /managerial capacity. This includes being responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
• Managerial experience is defined as managing at least two supervisors, or two or more major program areas, or one supervisor and one major program area. Managerial responsibilities involve activities ranging from program development to execution, in an effort to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Supervisory experience is defined as managing a minimum of five (5) full-time regular budgeted full-time or part-time employees as classified. The span of control is the relationship between the supervisor and the total number of direct reports. For this position, contractors and/or temporary workers does not count towards full time budgeted positions.
Please include all of your relevant work experience in your application.
• Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
• Candidates moving forward in the interview process will receive information and instructions for preparing a short presentation to be given as part of the interview process.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
• Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
• If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
• This position requires a criminal background investigation.
• Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekends.
• Shifts may change according to departmental needs.
• Employee may be required to work additional hours outside of regular work schedule.
• This position is considered FLSA Exempt. Exempt employees are salaried and, except as provided, are not eligible for overtime compensation.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Additional hours may be required outside of the normal work schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and for emergencies as needed for the business.