Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer that is dedicated to increasing their experience and knowledge in Cyber Security Engineering to join a close knit developing team of Cyber Security professionals. Our ideal Cyber Security Engineer candidate will have a strong drive to apply and continually update his/her skill base . They will also have the skills to manage and aid in IT Security Strategy, Cyber Security, and Compliance and Risk Management which includes IT Security and Compliance Teams.
Responsibilities may include:
• Management of IT Security Plans which may include Mission Critical and non-Critical environments
• Incident and Risk Management
• Management of POAM, Risks and Waivers
• Perform security assessments of all changes that have an impact on overall security posture
• Understanding of basic security policies and have some knowledge of FISMA and NIST is desirable
• Knowledge of IT systems (hardware, software, networks), applications and the people that use them.
• An understanding of the array of threats and vulnerabilities that characterize the modern-day cyber-attack.
• An understanding of the roles of incident management and security/compliance auditing.
• An understanding of exploits, common vulnerabilities, common network intrusion methods, and various attack patterns and tactics
• Background in managing and using different security controls (Firewalls, IDS/HIDS, Antivirus, etc.)
• Background in digital forensics for security investigations and data retention
• Relevant certifications might include: Associate of (ISC)2 for CISSP, SANS Global Information Assurance Certification Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), CompTIA Security+.