Job Information Job Title: Data Analytics and Visualization ProfessionalGrade: 190/200
Org: High Performance Computing & Data Analytics
Work Location: Idaho Falls, ID (9x80 Schedule) Mission/Vision Statement Leading Nuclear Energy and Research Technology Mission: Discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure. Vision: INL will change the world's energy future and secure our critical infrastructure. Responsibilities
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is seeking an entry level Data Analytics and Visualization Professional. This position role is for the Big Data Analytics Team in the Scientific Computing organization.
Key duties for this position include:
- Analyzing data and generating results in response to data analytics and visualization needs.
- Developing and maintaining software to help support our customers. This includes developing, testing and deploying software code to development, staging and production environments.
- Integrating Big Data Analytics expertise and solutions with INL High Performance Computing resources.
Technical roles for this position include:
- Proactively staying abreast of developments in industry and maintaining data analytics, software development, and visualization skills.
- Providing imaginative, thorough engineering solutions to a wide range of complex, ambiguous, and/or difficult problems.
- Applying knowledge relative to cyber security and associated policies and procedures required of DOE.
- Researching, installing, configuring and maintaining computer system software including 3rd party applications.
- Researching and diagnosing system operational problems quickly and effectively.
- Coordinating with vendors to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Performing systems performance analysis.
- Being able to develop software for custom solutions including but not limited to 3D visualization tools, paralleled software, batch scripting and web api interaction/development.
Leadership and outreach expectations:
- Interact with technical networks within directorate.
- Participate in professional activities and/or external collaborations.
- Influence project and program strategies and directions.
- Engage in effective user support and training.
- Work effectively both independently and as a member of the team in computer science, scientific software engineering, and client/server programming.
- Solicit feedback from team members and peers, and also provide input in a constructive manner to others while maintaining a positive and professional relationship.
The following qualifications are required
to be considered for this position:Preferred RequirementsUnderstanding and/or are familiar with any of the following is preferred:
- Docker, Hadoop, Spark, Natural Language Processing Techniques and Graph Databases such as NEO4j
- A general understanding and familiarity of Linux
- Experience in web development
- Experience with C# and/or ASP.net
- Understanding of Object Oriented programming
Selective Service Requirements To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). This includes U.S. born and naturalized citizens, parolees, undocumented immigrants, legal permanent residents, asylum seekers, refugees, and all males with visas of any kind which expired more than 30 days ago. The few individuals who are exempt from this requirement are those on current non-immigrant visas. For more information see www.sss.gov.Employee Job Functions Employee Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job position which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
Upper Body - Fine motor control (hands)
Combined Upper/Lower Body - Repetitive and prolonged work
Special Senses (Eyes) - Visually demanding work with near vision ability
Equipment - Typing/keyboarding
Personnel Requirements - Working more than 8 hours per day Please Apply Before: February 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (MST). Position may be closed sooner conditional upon high volume of candidates Environmental, Safety and Health Statement Must be familiar with, and comply with all relevant health and safety requirements. Must be knowledgeable of emergency action policies and procedures, methods for reporting/resolving work practices or conditions to available cognizant professionals.Other Information When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.INL Overview INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 4,300 scientists, researchers and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and develop technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security and environmental missions.
The Idaho Falls Area Idaho Falls is conveniently situated near many national treasures such as Yellowstone National Park, Teton National Park, Jackson, WY, etc. For more information about the area, please visit www.visitidahofalls.com and www.visitidaho.org. Equal Employment Opportunity Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.