SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
SRP is recruiting for a college student intern to work in our Data Center Operations Department. This position is offered at 20 hours per week. Those hours will include night or weekend hours.
Candidates must currently be enrolled in a minimum of six, 100 level or above, college credit hours.
The selected candidate will:
• Monitor IT systems to detect error messages that signal malfunctions in communications of software and/or hardware and respond appropriately per documented procedures.
• Provide phone assistance to internal SRP clients with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
• Provide excellent customer service demonstrating patience while effectively dealing with client problems.
• Perform problem-solving over the phone and determine appropriate course of problem escalation as required.
• Assist current SRP Data Center Operations staff in print management.
• Performs detailed inventory tracking procedures of data center IT assets.
College level coursework (100+) from an accredited institution will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the skill/level to determine if applicable to the position by management.
Preferred requirements include familiarity with many of the following:
• Microsoft Office (Word), Outlook, Exchange
• Windows Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 7
• Internet Explorer, to include understanding configuration and properties
• Networking, to include general knowledge of user accounts and login, FTP, dial-up/VPN, and Intranet vs. Internet
• Desktop hardware, including the ability to problem-solve hardware component issues
• Laptop hardware, including wireless
Requisition ID: 9006
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance