About The Position
The role of the Data Visualization Specialist II is to support the information needs of the business by designing, developing, and maintaining BI platforms, reports, dashboards, and visualizations. The primary focus for this role will involve taking business and functional requirements from concept and development through to deployment to the production environment and supporting the user community.
Key responsibilities include:
• Translate business requirements and technical designs into best-in-class reporting solutions aligned to business goals that deliver measurable value to the organization.
• Participate in activities on cross-functional teams in order to achieve goals of BI and IT projects, including work plans, system design, development and testing of solutions.
• Work with business users to determine the data source(s) required to deliver the solution.
• Document data requirements (source & target) with the ETL team for Informatica package creation / modification.
• Design and create database schemas and reporting models for the BI solution in a relational database management system (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Sybase).
• Create / modify stored procedures to transform data and apply required business rules.
• Develop reports and dashboards using Oracle Business Intelligence, Power BI or Focal Point.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
• Troubleshoot performance issues of a BI environment and evaluate existing logic for tuning possibilities.
• Ensure that data is available to decision makers through dashboards and reports, as well as self-service methods.
• Provide technical support for production reports including troubleshooting and configuration management.
• Protect the integrity and quality of BI solutions while securing the organizations data assets in accordance to best practices and company policy.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university.
• Five or more years of relevant applications development experience.
• Three or more years of experience delivering Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence solutions to meet strategic, operational and analytics reporting needs.
• Three or more years of experience with the following technologies:
o Programming Languages: SQL
o Relational Database Management: Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Teradata or DB2
o Tools: OBIEE, Power BI, SSRS
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral and Written - Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Understanding of agile project management methodologies and processes.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
• Experienced in Relational Database concepts and SQL.
• Understanding of data movement processes and tools (ETL, ELT, Informatica, ODI, SSIS).
• Understanding of logical and multi-dimensional data models.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities with a high incidence of changing requirements, analyze and clarify ambiguous requests/instructions, meet very aggressive deadlines and demanding work schedules, and manage large workloads.
• May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations.
• May also be required to carry an on-call pager or cell phone to provide the required system support (includes 24x7x365).
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.