You’ll be required to register in our HR portal if you haven’t already done so.
Assist other department members with the Forward Capacity Market (FCM) qualification process of both new and existing Demand Resources in accordance with Market Rule 1. The analyst should have expertise in demand response programs and initiatives sponsored by the New England state regulatory agencies. This position will have significant contact with New England Stakeholders by communicating relevant auction and qualification information as well as foresight into future demand response participation in the New England markets.
Support Demand Resource FCM Qualification by working with others in the department to coordinate/perform activities to support the primary and reconfiguration auctions. Seek input from various ISO departments (Audit, Legal, MMU, Finance, Market Development) and stakeholders as appropriate to:
- Prepare auction timelines
- Communicate/prepare presentation materials for New England Stakeholders
- Track progress of Manual/Operating Procedure/Planning Procedure/Market Rule revisions
- Assist in performing New and Existing Resource qualification by reviewing M&V and Customer Acquisition plans
- Assist with Critical Path Schedule (CPS) reviews
- Assist in preparing the Auction Input file(s)
- Prepare pre/post FERC filings
- Perform trend analysis
Research and report on local, state and federal initiatives to encourage the development
Assist System Planning management with the preparation of BOD/SPARC/Senior Staff FCM implementation updates and auction results. Support NEPOOL committees/task forces/working groups
- Bachelor's degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, engineering, business or related field
- Experience in the energy field, preferably in wholesale or retail electricity or gas markets, energy/utility, energy regulatory or energy policy areas. Experience in ratepayer funded energy efficiency program implementation, evaluation or regulation is desirable
- Experience conducting business due diligence and technology transfer and familiarity with state and national codes and standards development in energy field is a plus
- Strong technical and analytic skills are required, including working knowledge of statistical analysis and database management software, including but not limited to SAS, MATLAB, Visual Basic, Oracle/SQL, MS Access, MS Excel
- Must have demonstrated skills in communicating complex concepts in simple terms in both written and oral expression. Knowledge of MS Powerpoint and MS Word are required and must be able to comply with Corporate requirements for external communication
- Must be comfortable and confident presenting to small and large audiences with diverse backgrounds, including external stakeholders, internal staff and senior management. Experience in preparing abstracts and presenting at regional and national industry conferences
- Must be able to manage multiple complex tasks, assess time and resource requirements to complete these tasks, meet challenging deadlines and changing workflow
- Must have strong negotiating skills and able to conduct themselves professionally under sometimes challenging times. Must bring solid interpersonal relationships from past professional activities and demonstrate ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, meet deadlines, and work effectively with others
- Must have good understanding of the role of an ISO-RTO and the various ISO-NE departments and their functions
Location and Benefits
ISO New England is located in Holyoke, MA. The company provides a base salary plus bonus, competitive Medical and Dental plan, paid vacation, 401k with company match, retirement plan and more. All benefits start on your first day.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice
ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.