West Palm Beach, FL
FLSA Exemption: Professional
Reports To: Works in the BHI Energy West Palm Beach, FL office
A Design Superintendent provides technical direction and training to supervisors. This person makes authoritative decisions and recommendations on all engineering and technical activities of the project. Superintendents initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key personnel with the client. They demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and judgment in anticipating and solving engineering issues, determining project requirements, organizing projects and developing standards and guidelines.
- Promote the BHI Safety program.
- Understand, support and uphold the policies in the BHI Handbook.
- Assist in training when requested.
- Maintain, organize, and develop client standards and guidelines
- Keep abreast of changes in applicable engineering standards, technologies and methodologies.
- Keep the engineering manager informed of task accomplishment, issues and status on a regular and supportive basis.
- Risk assessment and risk management while operating in the field.
- Give clear technical direction, training, and guidance to supervisory team.
- Coach and mentor supervisory team.
- Review distribution projects for accuracy and quality before sending to the client.
- Develop and execute company policies and processes.
- Attend regular meetings, training sessions and seminars.
- Work with supervisors to obtain necessary resources to support the team's requirements.
- Initiate and maintain extensive contacts with key client personnel.
- Facilitate technical problem solving and collaboration.
- Intervene when necessary to aid supervisors and their teams in resolving issues.
- Motivate and inspire team members.
- Escalate issues to the design engineering manager which cannot be resolved by the team.
- Communicate all necessary changes and updates given from the client and engineering manager with the supervisor team.
- Track and monitor all team projects and schedules.
- Analytical or scientific software - Minitab software; The Math Works MATLAB; Computer aided design CAD software.
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software - 1CadCam Unigraphics; Computer aided manufacturing CAM software; Geometric CAMWorks;
- Data base user interface and query software - Desktop publishing software - Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign; Microsoft Publisher;
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related document
- Data base user interface and query software — Data entry software ; Microsoft Access ; Relational database software
- Development environment software — Formula translation/translator FORTRAN; INCORE code; Software development tools; TOTE code
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — SAP software
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- Operating system software — Linux ; UNIX
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment as well as observing employees, their progress with assigned work, and interfacing with both employees and client employees.
- Visual Acuity, balancing, stooping, reaching, walking, manual dexterity, grasping, feeling, hearing, talking
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Ability to read complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language
- Capacity to express thoughts orally
- Ability to think strategically and develop plans for growth
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to walk job site
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have an a B.S. in Engineering or related Engineering field, (5) years of experience in distribution engineering, (5) years of utility project management experience. Must have demonstrated experience in designin. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required. Must be able to effectively work with a variety of personnel to include external customers and clients, and internal personnel. Excellent working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite software is required. Proven ability to demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior, integrity and trust. Must actively demonstrate the BHI company values and support the BHI Ethics and Standards. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BHI and client technical manuals and procedures; to pass BHI and client specific training and qualifications as required; Must be able to pass all background and screening requirements for the position, to include drug and/or alcohol screening.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.