Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create detailed physical and electrical designs, bills of materials and support job estimates under the technical supervision of an engineer.
2. Prepare CAD or Microstation drawings and other project documentation.
3. Provide engineering support to engineers and other support personnel within division.
4. Prepare technical specifications for review.
5. Complete assigned work and submit within timelines and budgets with a high level of quality.
6. Develop, document and maintain an acceptable level of expertise in the detail design practices of SEL protection and automation systems.
7. Assist and mentor drafters with technical tasks.
8. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job under the technical supervision of a lead designer or engineer.
9. Develop and maintain an acceptable level of knowledge of SEL equipment and solutions to electric power system protection and automation.
10. Work in a safe, healthful and environmentally sound manner, report accidents and unsafe conditions promptly, and perform ergonomic exercises to reduce likelihood of injuries.
11. Use best available processes and tools and provide valuable feedback on process enhancements.
12. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
13. Understand. Create. Simplify.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in EET, CAD, Drafting or relevant discipline or possess equivalent experience for each academic year.
Four plus years of relevant experience with high voltage electrical design, including several projects in protective relay controls systems.
Ability to learn concepts and technical details of products.
Ability to work independently, accepting ownership of assigned responsibilities.
Expert competence in CAD drafting (AUTOCAD or Microstation).
Acceptable application experience with the IEEE Designation Codes regarding protective relay functions.
Demonstrated presentation skills to engineering groups.
Willing to travel as needed.
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Background check results satisfactory to SEL.
Negative drug test result(s).
Possess a BSEE, BSET or related design degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience testing and commissioning protective relay, process control and SCADA control systems.
Electrical utility, consulting or system integrator experience.
Application knowledge of protective relay applications and/or automation applications.
This position is located in Alpharetta, GA. The city is located between the North Georgia Mountains and Atlanta, allowing residents to enjoy the big city, and easy access to outdoor recreation. However, you won't have to look to Atlanta for big city comforts, Alpharetta is quickly growing and offers amazing shopping, dining, and entertainment.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.