Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create detailed physical and electrical designs and support job estimates under the supervision of a technical lead.
2. Prepare CAD drawings and other project documentation.
3. Provide design engineering support to project technical leads.
4. Complete assigned work and submit within timelines and budgets with a high level of quality.
5. Develop and maintain an acceptable level of expertise in SEL and industry design practices.
6. Assist and mentor drafters with technical tasks.
7. Develop and maintain an acceptable level of knowledge of SEL equipment and solutions for electric power system
protection and automation.
8. Use best available processes and tools and provide feedback on process enhancements.
9. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
10. Understand. Create. Simplify.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in EET, CAD, Drafting, or relevant discipline; or possess equivalent experience for each academic year
Three plus years of relevant experience with high voltage electrical design, including several projects in protective relay controls systems
Ability to learn concepts and technical details of products
Ability to work with a moderate level of technical supervision, accepting ownership of assigned responsibilities
Demonstrated competency in CAD drafting (AUTOCAD or Microstation)
Acceptable understanding of the installation requirements for protective relays of different type and function
Willing to travel as needed
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Possess a BSEE, BSET or related design degree from an accredited college or university
Experience testing and commissioning protective relay, process control and SCADA control systems
Electrical utility, consulting or system integrator experience
Application knowledge of protective relay applications and/or automation applications
Lakewood, CO-This position is located in Lakewood, CO. Tucked against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and located just seven miles away from Denver, making Lakewood a perfect place to live and work. Enjoy an unmatched quality of life with easy access to outdoor recreation and great schools.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.