The Communications department manages all internal and external communications activities for the company in the US and Canada, including branding, events, digital communications, internal communications and media and public relations.
We are seeking a highly creative and experienced Digital Communications Manager to join the team and who will be primarily responsible for the planning, development and execution of all digital communications – including social media channels, website, photography and videography – their strategy, content and all related activities for the newly created division of the Enel Group, Enel X in North America.
The successful candidate will help increase the company’s awareness in the US and Canada, exploring and implementing a variety of creative and effective digital methods to grow the company’s online presence and engagement across all digital external communications channels, and in close coordination with the Group’s Headquarters.
This position will report directly to the Head of Communications for North America and will work closely with all departments and subject matter experts.
The ideal candidate will possess polished and creative digital communication skills, a passion for energy, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, growing multinational company. The candidate should be able to translate a story into visuals and be able to translate raw content and data into compelling digital stories.
Moderate travel may be required.
- Create and increase company’s awareness across all external digital platforms, including the company’s website and social media channels for Enel X
- Plan, develop and manage digital communication channels and their content, in close coordination with the Global Digital Communications team
- Ensure current and consistent messaging across all digital platforms and leverage the content generated within the Brand, Media and Internal Communications teams at both global and local levels, providing incremental visibility and awareness of all communications initiatives via the appropriate digital channels
- Stay up-to-date on new online technologies, best practices, and industry trends to identify innovative strategies and solutions, test and evaluate new tools and ideas.
- Manage digital communications budget for Enel X in North America
- Drive and manage the strategy for North American content on Enel X website, in close coordination with the Global Digital Communications team
- Plan, draft and manage the editorial calendar for the website
- Create stories and new content for the website, keeping information accurate, timely, and relevant
- Continue to improve and update the website, to ensure it meets its users’ needs and optimize the users’ experience
- Provide status reports on website’s analytics and suggestions for improvement
- Drive and manage the strategy for all Enel X social media accounts for North America
- Manage company’s presence and day-to-day activities across all corporate social media channels, and seek to expand channels and digital ecosystem as appropriate
- Mange concept, design, and drafting of the editorial calendar, including posts, images, infographics, videos and other content as needed
- Suggest country level content for global visibility when appropriate and closely coordinate with Global Digital Communications team
- Track, measure, and report the performance of all social media channels and adjust to optimize programs and campaigns
- Manage social monitoring and listening platform and provide real-time intelligence and insight on stakeholders sentiment, enabling appropriate response, as required
- Disseminate and ensure implementation of social media guidelines in North America
- Coordinate with Media Relations team on crisis communication and crisis management process
- Direct external agencies and designers to assist in projects as required
- Create new digital content and maintain database of corporate videos and photos for multiple uses, both for internal and external communications
- Mange photographers and videographers and all photo/video shoots, script development and approvals, to create compelling photo/video content for North America
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related digital communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field of study; Master degree a plus
- Demonstrated experience with primary social platforms, new/emerging tools and digital strategies
- Strong creative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to write copy, proofread and edit
- Good capabilities with planning, creating and editing photo/video content, in collaboration with photo/video companies
- Strong technical knowledge of web, social and digital communications tools
- Strong computer literacy
- Good understanding of branding, and brand management concepts
- Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities; must be able to manage workflow and handle multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines and attention to details
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary project teams and within a multinational company
- Knowledge of the energy field helpful