Work location: AMS-GOB (St. Louis) and also we are open for qualified candidate to report to an Ameren IL or Ameren MO Energy Delivery location.
About The Position
The Digital Service Delivery Manager is responsible for maintaining the operational relationship with one or more internal customers and business partners and ensuring Digital can articulate and meet the operational needs of those business segments. The Service Delivery Manager understands and advocates on behalf of the business partners. This role includes the primary role of Digital service level manager as well as the business relationship manager roles specific to the service transition, service operations, and continuous service improvement. Digital's internal business partners and customers need help in navigating Digital, escalating issues, and ensuring continuous alignment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Escalate major incident response and major problem response on behalf of business users and partners. Report service performance against service level targets to key stakeholders up to and including senior-level officers within the business.
• Manage stakeholder satisfaction with all Digital services
• Confirm a business segment's detailed functionality requirements including service availability, capacity, and security for a new or modified service. Negotiate service level agreements with business customers/partners and ensure that all service management processes, operational level agreements, and underpinning vendor contracts are appropriate for the agreed service level targets.
• Create a forum for ongoing, structured communication with business partners to achieve better alignment and integration of services and to achieve the required business outcomes.
• Coordinate business partner involvement in the service transition process to ensure proper timing, awareness, and validation of Digital releases, deployments, and changes. Identify and mitigate potential problems and conflicts with Digital delivery and act as an advocate for business needs and potential business impacts within Digital (i.e. Change Management meeting, Digital leadership Daily Huddle, etc.)
• Initiate, review, and communicate service improvement plans as a critical stakeholder in Digital's continual service improvement process.
• Develop, encourage, motivate, and direct Digital members to drive service excellence.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college required, preferably in Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent computer related degree. Seven or more years of experience working in either the utility industry with at least four years of experience working with IT/Digital systems required. Good understanding of key concepts related to system operation such as availability, reliability, resilience etc. required. Prior experience in one of the following required: project management, process management & improvement, service management or business analysis. ITIL Foundation Certification (must meet this requirement within 6 months of hire).
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Proven ability to negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills required. Must have excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills and the proven ability to build relationships and work effectively with all levels of leadership including senior executives. Proven ability to lead and influence within a large, complex organization required. Must have ability to create a positive, learning experience with a reputation as someone respected by IT and the Business that employees in the organization like to work with. Proven autonomous decision-making ability within a complex and ambiguous environment required. Strong problem solving and analysis skills particularly as it relates to continuous service improvement and LEAN practices required. Demonstrated knowledge of the ITIL framework for Digital Service Management required. Must have ability to translate / interpret highly complex information for non-technical stakeholders. Must have ability to articulate a strategy and decompose it into interim steps and stages that better describe the journey between current and desired states. Must be able to travel within Ameren's service territory up to 20% of time.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.