Director, Customer Care Services
Job Requisition Number
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Business or in a field related to the job, plus seven (7) years of related experience, including two (2) years of which were in a managerial/executive capacity.
Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for two (2) years of the non-managerial/executive experience.
Notes to Applicants
Under nominal direction, the Customer Care Services Director provides senior-level leadership for staff and programs related to Austin Energy Customer Care Services.
- The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Gaps in employment must include an explanation and dates of unemployment. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as “see résumé” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
- This position requires that two (2) years of the related experience be in a managerial/executive capacity. Managerial experience is defined as managing at least two supervisors, or two or more major program areas, or one supervisor and one major program area. First-level supervisory experience does not meet this requirement. Please include all of your relevant work experience.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job may be assessed through skills testing.
- Candidates moving forward in the interview process will receive information and instructions for preparing a short presentation to be given as part of the interview process.
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
- Work hours may include after hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Shifts may change according to departmental needs.
- Employee may be required to work additional hours outside of regular work schedule.
- This position is considered FLSA Exempt. Exempt employees are salaried and, except as provided, are not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Other hours outside of normal work schedule may be required.
Job Close Date