We are currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Director of Corporate Planning. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Planning and Power Supply.
This position has the responsibility forproviding a variety of planning, power supply, and economic analyses, studies, and reports related to projecting future costs, revenues, rates, and power supply alternatives for Central and its Member Coops in order to facilitate the overall planning function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for the coordination and preparation of various power supply studies for Central and distribution cooperatives. This includes preparing written analyses, presenting results and findings, and making recommendations to senior management and Central Members.
- Subject matter expert relating to Central / Santee Cooper cost allocation methodology.
- Responsible for preparation of Ten-Year Wholesale Power Cost Projections for Member Coops using Production Costing and Corporate Planning Models.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Ten-year budget for Central’s purchase power.
- Develops long-term planning scenarios and recommends alternatives in collaboration with senior management and Member Cooperatives. This includes rewriting, revising, maintaining, and using Corporate Model and other planning tools as necessary to define and analyze various scenarios.
- Develops and recommends long-range plans for power supply alternatives. Analyzes various demand side and generation power supply alternatives.
- Participates in studies required for design and assessment of new and existing rates and riders.
- Determines the impact of power purchase and sales contracts on Central and all of its members using Production Costing and Corporate Models, and promotes understanding of key relationships between purchases, sales and member costs.
- Manages the preparation of Central’s load forecast.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting various regulatory and informational filings to government agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Power supply and contract negotiations as well as technical report writing and forecasting techniques are required.
- Financial or Business Training are essential.
- Strong analytical thinking, mathematical, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Reports, Studies, Economic Analyses and forecasts all require accuracy and detail.
- Strong internal drive for excellence and service orientation are needed.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in an appropriate field – Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering.
- Advanced Degree is a plus. CPA is a plus.
- At least 5-years’ experience as a supervisor/manager is required.
- 10 years prior experience required in electric utility operations / planning with increasing responsibility in the areas of demand and supply resource planning, production costing, economic analysis, and cost allocation.
About the Company: www.cepci.org
Central Electric Power Cooperative is a growing 4,500 MW Generation and Transmission Electric Cooperative whose 20 distribution member cooperatives serve approximately 750,000 electric customers in every county of South Carolina.
We offer a family friendly environment with good work/life balance, independence in daily tasks, and no regular overtime or weekend work. We also provide opportunity for professional development, including tuition reimbursement, industry training, and certifications. Central provides an excellent working environment and benefits package.
Central Electric Power Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.