Filsinger Energy Partners (FEP) is a firm of experienced industry leaders who offer unparalleled expertise in valuation, restructuring, expert testimony, market analysis, interim management, independent engineering and risk management for the energy, industrial and manufacturing industries. Power market modeling is a core competency of FEP’s business model.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director will be responsible managing and overseeing power and energy market studies, as well as the development of market forecasts. The Director will work closely with and oversee an integrated team to perform a wide range of assignments applicable to our market forecasting group, including modeling and forecasting, and economic and financial analyses of electric power markets, such as:
- Strategic and transactional support to project developers, utilities, and lenders;
- Market studies, including those related to energy and capacity pricing, renewables, and environmental regulations;
- Resource planning analytics;
- Capacity expansion review, development, and validation;
- Generation, energy market, environmental compliance, and cost/economic analyses;
- Market assessment reporting; and
- Manage a team of analysts and associates.
- Previous experience analyzing and forecasting electric power markets, including power plant operations and fuel commodity prices;
- Familiarity with all U.S. power markets, operations and structures and fundamental power market models - Previous experience with AURORAxmp, licensed from EPIS LLC, is preferred;
- Competence providing quality assurance/quality control for all work projects submitted to clients;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to manage the expectations of clients, FEP staff and any third-parties which may be necessary to complete the work;
- Interpersonal skills that include a teamwork attitude with a focus on meeting the client needs while striving for an enjoyable work environment for all FEP staff; and
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, economics or other applicable area; MS or MBA is a plus.
- At least 10 years’ experience analyzing and/or modeling the electric power markets;
- Experience with fundamental power market models (AURORAxmp or similar); and
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office products, specifically Excel, macros, and Visual Basic.