The Director of Power Marketing will be the point interface with market, customers, and external stake holders. This individual will develop, price, and market Geronimo’s product. He or She will interface with financial power markets, structure and price transactions, and help optimize company owned generation, manage power supply contracts, and value energy transactions.
- Directly responsible for updating intraday, plus supporting DA, RTO market submittals for unit offers and parameters based on resource operations and market conditions.
- Monitors the day ahead and real time Reliability Unit Commitment process and communicates results with generation system operators and energy management customers.
- Optimizes generation and load related power supply contracts in the RTO market.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships, through continuous interaction, with system operators, energy management customers, counterparts, and power marketing personnel.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of risk management tools and concepts.
- Develops a thorough understanding of RTO market protocols.
- Interprets RTO market operations and results in order to assess market accuracy.
- Assists Management in developing and maintaining proper policies and procedures for participation in RTO markets and contract administration.
- Conducts intra-day energy transactions with wholesale customers, RTO’s, and other suppliers.
- Forms recommendations for intraday strategies to mitigate resource and load deviations.
- Interface with wholesale power market industry to collect and synthesize market information to inform decisions.
- Structure and value transactions and off-take from Geronimo renewable energy projects.
- Execute wholesale market transactions related to Geronimo projects and in support of Geronimo commercial strategy.
- 3-5 years (minimum) of direct power marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, mathematics, economics or related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of wholesale power markets, RTO operations, renewable power operations, and excellent customer relations skills.
- Direct experience in all facets of valuing, pricing, structuring and executing wholesale power market transactions across US markets for energy, ancillary services, and environmental attributes.
- Working knowledge and direct contacts with market participants, including financial hedge providers
- Functional knowledge of MISO, PJM, SPP, NYISO and other RTOs as well as the physical and financial power markets and products required.
- Established superior quantitative and analytical skills required with an aptitude for making fact-based decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Proven capability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, high-stress environment.
- Demonstrated record of achieving results and operating effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Efficient Communication – internally, across variety of stakeholders, industry participants, and functional market areas.
- Detail Oriented – thoroughness in completing tasks with deep understanding of details.
- Technical Skills – strong financial modeling experience and acumen transacting in ISOs and financial power markets
- Value Creation – build value to organization and establish effective working relationships with customers, market participants, and on internal teams.
- Dependability – demonstrated accountability for his or her work.
- Execution Capacity – personal initiative to lead and execute; ability to operate with courage, passion, and determination in a high-stress environment.
Geronimo Energy has established itself as a leading independent developer of renewable energy projects over the past decade. Geronimo Energy provides custom renewable energy solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. Geronimo Energy has developed a multi-gigawatt renewable energy portfolio of projects that are either currently under construction or in operation, as well as thousands of wind and solar projects in various stages of development.