Position Location: Carmel, IN
This position will act as a steward of corporate standards and cornerstones by establishing and maintaining policies, procedures, and value added processes in conjunction with the Executive Director, External Affairs. You will drive the development and execution of internal and external communication plans. You will work with all levels of the organization to champion and apply communication best practices in support of strategic organizational initiatives and positioning to a variety of audiences, including stakeholders, members, business partners, employees and communities.
- Support and implement the company’s communications vision and strategy based on corporate goals, objectives and vision.
- Manage a wide variety of writing, editing, planning, project management and consultation engagement for activities including executive communications, stakeholder communications, external communications, employee communication, digital media, issues/policy management, and etc.
- Formulate external and internal communication policies for the organization and ensure they are both relevant and current.
- Establish the vision for the division/department as it aligns with the overall vision for the company established by the Executive Director, External Affairs; and ensure that staff is aware of and supports this vision working in tandem with one another.
- Coordinate with the Senior Director of Customer Relations and other departments to manage communications and crisis management to ensure proactive and reactive outreach efforts are consistent with best practices.
- Establish and monitor department/divisional goals that align with strategy objectives; ensuring individual employee goals are also aligned with departmental and corporate objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, Public Policy/Affairs or related field
- Minimum twelve years’ experience in communications, marketing, public policy, regulatory affairs, or related field
- Minimum eight years supervisory experience; strong record of leadership accomplishments
Additional Requirements for Success:
- Extensive knowledge or experience in the energy industry preferred, specifically a Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) or Independent System Operator (ISO)
- Demonstrable experience successfully leading communications function in geographically diverse, matrixed and highly regulated industry preferred
- Successful track record of partnering with print, broadcast, and internet media firms to accomplish key corporate objectives and support business strategy
You will have experience/knowledge in:
- Preparing business plans
- Budgeting and preparing financial forecasts
- Coaching and mentoring employees
- Managing employee performance
MISO is an essential link in the safe, cost-effective delivery of electric power across all or parts of 15 U.S. states and the Canadian province of Manitoba. As a Regional Transmission Organization, MISO assures consumers of unbiased regional grid management and open access to the transmission facilities under MISO’s functional supervision.
More About MISO