Director of Accounting Services
What is it like to work at OUC?
As one of the top employers in Central Florida, OUC offers stability, career growth, a strong culture of family & work-life balance, employee focused benefits and wellness program, and a hybrid retirement program. Over the last century, as Orlando evolved from a small town into a vibrant city, OUC–The Reliable One has been a community backbone, serving residential and commercial customers with dependable, low-cost electric and water services.
- OUC is an integral part of the Central Florida community serving the city of Orlando and other areas of Orange County with electric and water services along with sustainable alternatives.
- OUC recognizes and rewards employees for their work in the local community.
- OUC fosters an environment of Innovation and forward thinking
- OUC’s vision is to be recognized as the best utility in the nation
- OUC is focused on providing employees a safe and collaborative work environment where personal, family, and professional goals align
What you will achieve:
OUC – The Reliable One is hiring a Director of Accounting Services who has a proven track record of success in leading and building large teams. The Director of Accounting Services will be responsible for recommending and establishing appropriate accounting controls that will safeguard OUC assets. The Director of Accounting Services will provide leadership and oversight of the daily accounting operations including the implementation of new accounting guidance.
How the Director of Accounting Services will accomplish their goals:
- Manage and direct all accounting and reporting functions for the organization;
- Review and establish adequate internal accounting controls to ensure the proper recording of transactions and the safeguarding of assets;
- Develop financial, statistical and metric reporting that will provide management with the information needed to evaluate the business at the organizational and business unit level;
- Manage the annual audit process;
- Specific additional responsibilities include monthly financial reporting, fixed assets, cash and investments, debt, accounts receivable, fuel and contract accounting;
- Provide support to the Capital Review Committee as needed;
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the Audit Committee;
- Design and implement processes and procedures that will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the division; appropriate analysis should support processes and procedures implemented;
- Evaluate and recommend improvements as needed to current application systems that support the division’s activity; assist in the implementation of new application systems;
- Prepare and monitor the division’s budget; monitor and respond to audit and budget review requests;
- Develop and lead the implementation of projects including scheduling, coordination of resources, and setting deadlines;
- Assist in long range planning for the division;
- Provide leadership and supervision for the division;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Director of Accounting Services:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited college or university
- Certified Public Accountant License required
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Minimum of seven (7) years of managerial/supervisory experience at a mid to large sized company
- Working knowledge of all, but not limited to, the following:
- Accounting standards;
- Financial reporting practices;
- Financial metrics;
- Financial statements (i.e., income statement, balance sheet & cash flow);
- Performance appraisals;
- Leadership coaching;