Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Roseville
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for. Xcel Energy is standing on the threshold of an energy evolution. Be a part of Advanced Grid Intelligence and Security (AGIS) - a long-term strategic initiative to transform the electrical distribution business to enhance security, efficiency and reliability, to safely integrate more distributed resources, and to enable improved customer products and services.
Responsible for identification, implementation, day-to-day management and operations of regulatory compliance leveraging controls and processes required, in addition to working closely with enterprise cybersecurity to assist in the implementation and operations of controls, technology and processes identified and required as part of the enterprise cybersecurity program, which may include asset and vulnerability management, perimeter monitoring, and incident response. Provide day-to-day operations and management of detection and protection technologies and processes as delegated responsibility from the enterprise cybersecurity program. As a Subject Matter Expert, provide technical and operational expertise across the organization as it relates to substation operations and regulatory compliance.Essential Responsibilities
- Manages the material collection of required information to substantiate compliance with the CIP Standards for the Substation environment. Maintains required documentation and supporting materials. Works with business unit substation personnel to obtain additional information for compliance audits and special information requests as needed. Manage the substation operational technology solutions used in the substation environment, and provide assistance to operating and managing cybersecurity technology solutions, which provide CIP protection and regulatory compliance.
- Provides technical support for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. Provide guidance and assistance to performing cybersecurity asset and vulnerability assessments, and develop recommendations for mitigation and management of gaps identified in meeting compliance objectives.
- Provide substation specific expertise to enterprise cybersecurity in support of detection, protection and management of controls and processes required to ensure the security and compliance objectives of substations. Must be flexible to continuously changing cybersecurity and NERC CIP (regulatory) standards, demands and technologies and have the ability to maintain a library of tools used as part of this function.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with internal and 3rd Party service providers responsible for providing technology consulting. Work with business unit executives and internal service providers to introduce required functionalities into the environment to meet NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection standards.
- Perform substation Cyber Investigations and maintain forensic evidence as needed and/or delegated by the enterprise cybersecurity program.
- Provide guidance and training to internal staff including project managers, other Xcel Energy technical areas as well as customers and trade allies on issues and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science, technology, accounting or business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT including 4 years direct experience in cyber security
- Demonstrated verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information and recommendations to management
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven problem solving and business risk analysis skills.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong investigative, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Must possess a broad knowledge relating to IT infrastructures and have in-depth and up-to-date experience with multiple operating systems and desk side integration.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Roseville || CO - Denver; MN - Roseville || United States (US) || Operations || 59380:Dist Electric Engineering || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17315
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com