St. Louis based Ameren Corporation, trading on the New York Stock Exchange as AEE, is among the nation’s largest investor-owned utilities with nearly $23 billion in assets. Ameren is the largest electric utility in Missouri and the second largest in Illinois. Ameren’s 8,500 employees provide energy services to 2.4 million electric customers and 900,000 natural gas customers throughout its 64,000 square mile territory. Learn more at https://www.ameren.com
About the Position
This position is located in St. Louis, MO.
The Distribution System Op Supervisor directs field personnel in the operation of the sub-transmission and distribution system in a safe and cost effective manner to ensure continuity of electric service to customers as well as restore electric service to customers in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities include:
• Recognize, analyze, and take steps to resolve simple anomalies that occur on the electric distribution system. This includes analyzing information from a variety of electronic systems, operating manuals, customer calls, and any pertinent information from field workers to determine the extent of the issue.
• Exercise jurisdictional / functional authority and issue and monitor Workmen's Protection Assurance for the electric distribution system.
• Dispatch and direct field personnel in response to electric distribution system emergencies.
• Supervise, train, evaluate, and counsel field personnel in the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the electric distribution system along with maintaining the integrity of the subtransmission and distribution systems.
• Coordinate all maintenance and restoration activities on the subtransmission and distribution systems.
• Write simple switching orders. Dispatch orders to isolate equipment which may include analyzing loads and equipment ratings. Maintain accurate records of these orders.
• Restore outages in a safe and timely manner.
• Communicate effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders including construction divisions, operations, engineering work groups, governmental personnel, and customers
• Analyze the daily workload and prioritize customer service work to meet varying customer demands. Make daily assessment of workforce requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university preferred. Three or more years of directly relevant experience (e.g., distribution systems, electric operations or construction, journeyman level electrician) required without Bachelors Degree; Two or more years of other relevant experience may be considered with Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Must have working knowledge of electrical distribution system design and operations. Effective organizational, decision-making, troubleshooting, communication, and human-relation skills. Strong PC/computer skills preferred. Must have the ability to direct and supervise a number of diversified, concurrent field activities which could greatly affect Ameren’s customers, personnel, and financial resources.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment and/or a technical assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join our team as we strive to achieve our vision – “Leading the Way to a Secure Energy Future”.