RTI International has a call for resumes for a DSM Initiative Team Leader, Government for our client, Abu Dhabi Distribution Company (ADDC). This is a proposal position and candidates must be able to work full time in Abu Dhabi.
The Demand Side Management (DSM) program targets all major customer segments and will implement education programs for the residential, commercial, government, and institutional sectors on both water and electricity; incentive programs for both electricity-using and water-using technologies; and consultation for industrial facilities on the efficient use of electricity and water.
The DSM Initiative Lead is responsible for developing, designing, and implementing electricity and water conservation solutions and managing the implementation of one or more DSM initiatives. Responsibilities also include managing a team of internal ADDC staff members and external contractors. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer and project manager who is a proven problem-solver and has demonstrated the capability of completing complex projects.
- Develop—with the assistance of the Finance, Marketing, and Applications Assessment groups, as well as one or more DSM Engineers—a business case to be presented to the Regulation and Supervision Bureau (RSB) for funding approval.
- Design and manage pilot projects (where merited) to demonstrate the effectiveness of new or innovative DSM initiatives and incorporate the results into the Final Implementation Plan.
- Lead the development of a Final Implementation Plan—once RSB approval has been received—by establishing schedule, customer targets (and waves), promotion methodologies, budget, vendors, and supporting resources required to launch and implement the initiative
- Identify key performance indicators (KPI) for efficiency improvements and for monitoring the DSM initiatives. Establish agreement with the Finance and M&V groups regarding the acceptability of these metrics.
- Prepare monthly status reports on assigned DSM initiatives (once launched) for ADDC management—outlining enrollment, costs, and estimated savings.
- Monitor initiatives to ensure achievement of savings targets and to mitigate shortfalls and risks in program performance.
- Represent ADDC to vendors, contractors, and customers of the assigned DSM initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical discipline (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum of 7 years in a technical leadership role of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in complex, multi-stakeholder situations.
- Existing local networks and high ability to engage and develop partnerships and collaborations.
- Strong analytical skills with high level of computer proficiency (MS Office Suite).
- Certification as a Certified Measurement and Verification Professional; Certified Energy Manager; LEED Accredited Professional; and/or Qualified Pearl Professional desirable, but not required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic and English required.
- Expert project management capabilities and experience with responsibility for quality, cost, and schedule of a major project.
- Advanced understanding of how to conduct audits and energy/water surveys.
- Advanced understanding of electricity and water utilization and cost/efficiency optimization.
- Intermediate understanding of financial principals and modeling for business case development, budgeting, and reporting.