At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region's infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America's best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry's most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region's largest employers, we're always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Leads a team that develops energy procurement strategy and serves as a key liaison between the E&FP origination and portfolio design team and the regulatory agencies (e.g. CPUC and CEC) and legislators to solve outstanding SDG&E procurement-related issues and to design and implement procurement-related strategies involving the purchase or sale of commodities.
- Lead a cross-functional and dynamic team to develop arguments to position SDG&E as a strategy leader in the constantly evolving energy market.
- Draft filings required to seek approval of procurement related transactions (PPA/PPTAs, sales agreements, etc.).
- Represent the company at regulatory proceedings relevant to the Origination and Portfolio Design team.
- Function as the first level leader of a professional team by providing direction and support to empower decision-making and speed of execution.
- Establish and prioritize the origination's team agenda with regard to the CPUC and CEC so that SDG&E can meet its strategic objectives with regard to commodity procurement and/or sales.
- Establish and maintain successful partnerships with the various development and regulatory agencies (CPUC, CARB & CEC).
- Design, file and convene the roll-out of programs hosted within the organization team, such as RAM, RPS RFOs, FiT, auctions, IRP.
- Work on special projects as assigned in support of the origination & portfolio design agenda.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires BA in Business, Economics, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- An MBA, master's in public policy, or JD are preferred.
- At least eight years of relevant commercial experience in identifying, negotiating, and filing PPAs/PPTAs at an Investor Owned Utility (IOU) and structuring investments in the renewable area, preferably in California, is required.
- Must understand and have experience working with the CPUC regulatory process and be able to represent SDG&E with high-level regulatory officials.
- Must be able to interface with multiple stakeholders, including Senior Management.
- Requires the ability to present complex ideas in an understandable manner and translate policy guidelines into business practice.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines.
- Travel is expected -- mostly to San Francisco for the day -- for about 10% of the time.