Provides technical supervision, planning, organizing and direction of functions in the operation and maintenance of the electrical distribution system of the Borough.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance in the design, engineering, sizing, selection and maintenance of electric distribution components.
- Provide guidance for the maintenance, operation, and construction of the electric distribution system and substations to ensure system reliability and the availability of energy supply to all customers.
- Recommend and implement improvement to operating distribution system and equipment to ensure system reliability is maintained and losses are minimized.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of equipment and supplies to ensure that emergency service restorations occur in a minimum amount of time and that new services can be installed in a reasonable amount of time.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of division operating and capital budgets to meet Borough budget guidelines and minimize cost impact on customers.
- Develop and manage division work plan including assistance to other divisions as needed.
- Research and initiate division purchases to facilitate accomplishment of division work plans.
- Establish and monitor street lighting programs to ensure adequate lighting for safety and convenience of residents.
- Establish and monitor electric meter installation and testing program to ensure the accurate measurement of customer demand and energy.
- Coordinate and train employees in established system operating procedures for the safety of employees and for system reliability
Necessary skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel proficiently.
- Prior responsibility for maintenance of process equipment and upgrading technology is highly desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with employees, customers, government agencies, Union leaders, Council and Board members.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and implement management practices to achieve results.
- Ability to build and maintain respected work relationships with subordinates, peers, customer, government agencies and other public officials is essential.
- Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems and components is highly desirable.
Education and Experience:
Graduate of 4 year Electrical Engineering program with emphasis on power engineering preferred. Willing to consider graduate engineering program, however, experience in the operations and maintenance of electric distribution is preferred.
The Borough offers an attractive wage, comprehensive benefit package and a workplace with an emphasis on quality and teamwork.
Complete an application at the Borough or send a resume to: Human Resources Dept, Borough of Ephrata, 124 South State Street, Ephrata, PA 17522 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at www.ephrataboro.org.