DescriptionJob Requisition:Electrical Engineer (Arc Flash)Job Description:
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Senior Arc Flash / Electrical Engineer to support our FAA customer at the facility in Des Moines, WA.
The Arc Flash / Electrical engineer will be expected to provide engineering support for new and existing electrical /power systems, and conduct and/or provide oversight for Arc Flash studies of varying size and complexity.
• Provide engineering support to the FAA Infrastructure Engineering Center in Des Moines, WA.
• Perform planning, design, and evaluation of new and existing electrical / power systems across a wide range of facilities and associated equipment.
• Develop new FAA electrical engineering packages for use in the installation of major systems, components, and equipment in a variety of differing types of facilities (e.g. ARTCC, TRACON, Towers, and Remote Facilities).
• Perform studies for power systems modeling, power flow, short circuit, protection devices coordination, arc flash and related engineering tasks including low voltage power distribution (208V, 240V and 480V).
• Provide support to the FAA Battery Project Office (BPO) by drawing and reviewing battery drawings and entering those into Project Wise (PW).
• Additional duties will include the review of engineering and design packages involving single-line diagrams with multiple power sources in either AC or DC, and the preparation and conduct of familiarization sessions in electrical systems theory, the National Electrical Code (NEC), and FAA Grounding and Bonding standards.
• Support the FAA as a subject matter expert in Electrical Safety. Electrical engineers will be expected to complete assignments to adhere to long-term goals set by management.
Usually Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, with 8-12 years of professional experience; or 6-10 years of experience with a related Master’s degree.
Note: Candidate with less experience will be considered.
- Experience in conducting Arc Flash Hazard Analysis using NFPA 70E and IEEE standards.
- Ability to use Arc Flash software, such as SKM, to produce analysis reports and conduct report reviews.
- Must possess experience in the most current electrical engineering principles and practices.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of NFPA 70E and applicable OSHA standards, working knowledge of the NEC, and demonstrated working experience on or around energized equipment in an industrial setting including proper PPE in order to ensure a safe work environment and personnel safety.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Arc Flash Analysis protocols and concepts.
- Must have conducted Arc Flash Analysis (from conception to execution) and provided direct supervisory oversight of the project.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills to be used in responding to electrical safety questions and performing program presentations.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Must have Bachelors degree and 8 years of experience.
External Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Electrical Engineering2000Civil
• Experience with Project Wise software