The City of Dover, (Dover, Delaware) is currently recruiting for the position of Electrical Engineer I to help lead the utility into the next generation of Green and efficient energy through such avenues as Smart metering, system design, operations and green energy production.
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto –
Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellence and Reliability
- Perform electrical engineering and technical work for the City of Dover’s electric utility system.
- Assist and/or prepare diagrams, tracings, and schematics for power transmission and distribution.
- Prepare drawings of electric work to be performed or changes to be made to existing electrical gear; Set up and maintain records of field surveys, drawings and prints.
- Participate in transmission and distribution line designs and substation designs and modifications.
- Calculate proper conductor type and size, transformer size, and proper application of equipment; Specific relay settings, fuse sizes, and reclosers for proper coordination.
- Investigate problems relating to electrical control equipment and recommend solutions.
- May include staff leadership on specific projects.
- Gather and maintain data/information and prepare routine and special reports.
- Coordinate staff meetings and attend in-service training and technical or professional classes.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or closely related field.
- Must obtain Fundamentals of Engineering certification within one (1) year of employment
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work effectively and accurately
- Listening, problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strong collaboration with all levels internal and external to the organization
The City of Dover offers a total compensation package, which includes health, dental, and vision insurance; 401a and 457 deferred compensation plans; and group life insurance. Paid vacation and sick leave are provided.
To apply, submit a Cover letter and Resume to Julia Jensen at Julia.Jensen@Avantenergy.com. The City of Dover is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (www.cityofdover.com)
A successful criminal background and driving record investigation will be required.
Candidates may be given a job-related test during the interview.