DTE Electric is undergoing a major technological transformation to improve power grid reliability. We are seeking electrical engineers who will help us plan, design and deploy solutions and technologies that will help deliver higher quality power to our customers. As an Electrical Engineer assigned to this incredible project, you may work within one or more focus areas: substations, sub-transmission, protective relays and control systems, or distribution planning. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented electrical engineers to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
As an Electrical Engineer assigned to this project, you will be part of this exciting transformation that will position our power distribution system to support distributed generation and electric vehicle charging that connects with cleaner energy sources like wind power, solar, and natural gas generation.
- Investigate new electrical technology, material and equipment, with application to safety, electrical system reliability, performance and cost.
- Render sound engineering decisions - under potential time constraints – with limited supervisory input.
- Perform assigned (or initiates) engineering studies, proposing solutions to engineering-related problems; develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques & solutions; makes or assists in presentations of engineering-related projects to all levels of management & external parties (contractors, customers, etc.)
- Prepare plans, specifications, work instructions and cost estimates for projects requiring engineering services.
- Coach/mentor, and provide ongoing constructive feedback to less experienced engineering & technical personnel.
- Propose, initiate and implement electrical system field and design changes, and performance improvements.
- Participates in the review and creation of test procedures for new technologies, materials and equipment.
- May coordinate or play a primary role in a group’s continuous improvement (CI) efforts: designing processes; establishing quality/quantity standards & metrics; collecting, refining, adapting & communicating ‘best practices’; sharing knowledge and developing staff in a systematic fashion. Uses process design outcomes to solve problems.
- Staff Engineer: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology & 2-plus years of experience in the given engineering discipline, including substantive work-lead or involvement in the management of engineering-related projects or initiatives.
- Senior Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology & 4-plus years of experience in the given engineering discipline, including substantive work-lead or involvement in the management of engineer-in-related projects or initiatives.
- Principal Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology & 6-plus years of experience in the given engineering discipline, including substantive work-lead or involvement in the management of engineer-in-related projects or initiatives.
Please note: Level determines compensation and incentive package.
Preferred experience in one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Distribution Engineering & Planning
- Equipment Engineering
- Substation Design
- Sub transmission and Industrial Power Engineering & Planning
- Relay Engineering (protective relaying and control)
- Transmission Engineering & Planning
- CYME & PSSE Modeling & Solution Development
- Smart Grid
Interested Applicants Must Apply At: www.careers.dteenergy.com