This position requires local travel within the Territory 75% of the time and telecommuting the other 25%. The Territory is bordered by the Illinois State Line on the West, Alton, Edwardsville, Vandalia, Springfield, Lincoln, Mt Sterling, Quincy. Candidates residing or willing to relocate to this region will be considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Leidos seeks an Energy Advisor to both market and support energy-efficiency projects with larger businesses within a given territory. This exciting position offers a very unique career opportunity for a dynamic person who possesses excellent key account management, outreach, sales, communication and organizational skills to sell leading edge energy efficiency projects within a collaborative team environment.
• Develop partnerships with key accounts, directly market and coordinate program services to large industrial /commercial/public customers in order to ultimately generate energy savings for the program
• Consistently maintain positive customer relationships, deliver effective communication/presentations, and to encourage participation in a utility Energy Efficiency program with business customers
• Maintain personal productivity, meet goals, provide and record accurate information with meticulous attention to detail
• Identify energy efficiency opportunities, estimate energy savings, and influence utility business customers to save energy
• Ability to work in a sales capacity on a range of technical projects and possess the following skills; identify energy efficiency projects, maintain long term customer relationships, meet defined energy savings goals, deliver presentations, participate in promotional events, and screen technical applications
• Perform market sector analysis and forecasting, and provide input for developing/modifying program strategies to meet changing market needs
• Work closely with building owners, C-level executives, commercial developers, contractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, and maintenance staff to encourage best practice energy efficiency in existing facilities and new/renovated buildings
• Keep up-to-date on emerging energy efficiency technologies and practices in demand side management • Perform high level energy efficiency assessments and pre/post installation inspections of projects
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree with 4+ years relevant sales experience inclusive of; industrial/manufacturing, maintenance, project management, energy efficiency program, utility account representation, key account management. An advanced degree is a plus.
• Energy Efficiency certifications are desired
• Must be self-driven, able to utilize initiative to develop positive relationships with customers, vendors and professional organizations, demonstrate knowledge of operational trends, energy efficiency technologies, best practices, and program rules for electric and natural gas demand side management. Must be highly motivated, well organized, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a team setting. Willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities.
• The candidate should have basic general knowledge of manufacturing operations, budget/justification cycles, large building energy systems, construction practices, private and public sector customers, and the energy efficiency industry.
• Excellent written and verbal communications are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Salesforce CRM, and computers in general is required. It is critical that productivity and accuracy be demonstrated in performance of work.
• Valid driver's license and ability to perform field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures.