Leidos, Inc., is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team in Peoria Illinois or St Louis Missouri as an Energy Efficiency Engineer. The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience with the ability to identify efficiency opportunities, calculate energy saving estimates, energy auditing, and communicate technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, architects, and project engineers. The position will be responsible for reviewing technical energy efficiency applications for incentives and rebates for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas customers. The position will help provide technical review of gas and electric utility demand-side management (DSM) projects around the state of Illinois. The candidate should have basic knowledge of the operation of different types of energy using systems within the residential, industrial, and/or commercial markets (HVAC, lighting, energy management systems, etc.). In addition, this position will research technology changes to support improvements to the energy efficiency program.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or equivalent work experience) with 2+ years' experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies.
• Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks.
• Must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and be capable of managing resources and schedules to meet deadlines. CEM or LEED certification is a plus.
• Must be able to work cooperatively and contentiously on a technical team, along with working with non-technical team members.
• Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
• Must be able to conduct project tracking and provide leadership to the technical team.
• Technical experience with energy efficiency or renewable energy technologies.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with COMcheck, eQuest, Trane TRACE™, or Carrier HAP
• Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and ASHRAE Efficiency Standards
• Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, especially Microsoft Excel
• Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for a process-oriented position.
• Strong planning, organization, time management, and team-building skills with demonstrated ability to make unanticipated changes to production deliverables required