Location(s): CO - Denver
Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world? Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
We are filling this position in Denver*
Help Xcel Energy customers use energy more efficiently. Provide technical guidance to internal and external customers; evaluate potential projects and recommend solutions. Develop knowledge and expertise in specific technical areas and apply that expertise to maximize customer benefit from Xcel Energy conservation products. Provide outstanding customer service.
- Provide technical assistance to the Xcel Energy Marketing and Sales organizations. Perform the day-to-day engineering in assigned technical areas. Construct analyses in the technical-financial models that meet the state regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Develop rapid but rigorous analytical models based upon good engineering practice and the methodological direction of other Energy Efficiency staff. Learn job responsibilities as well as rules / guidelines (both regulatory and internal) from Engineers, Senior Engineers, and Team Lead Engineers for assigned programs.
- Develop and maintain Xcel Energy's technical knowledge in specific assigned area for gas or electric conservation programs (HVAC, lighting, controls, boilers, furnaces). This position will be a resource in the assigned area.
- Leverage internal expertise to customer advantage by developing relationships with external networks of engineering and architectural firms, government agencies, industry associations and research firms. Acquire and develop knowledge in assigned areas by interacting and learning from these sources.
- Meet established turnaround time criteria for assigned projects to foster customer participation.
- Innovate new methods to improve customer service and team effectiveness.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Mechanical or related Engineering degree from an ABET accredited curriculum
- Minimum 3.2 GPA (please attach unofficial transcript)
- Ability to commute to Denver during Summer 2019 and the 2019-20 school year part time
- Please attach your most recent unofficial transcript to your application
- Experience with energy conservation in one or more of the following: energy engineering consulting, HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, recommissioning, boilers, and furnaces
- Interest in obtaining a EIT Certification
- Interest in energy conservation
- Previous internship/working experience
- Participation with clubs/activities on campus (preferably related to energy efficiency)
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Shared Services-Business Suppt || 51790:Res and Sm Bus Cust Programs || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19265
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org