Energy Efficiency Services Manager
Job Requisition Number
Customer Energy Solutions
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Architecture, Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Environmental Science, or in a field related to the job, plus seven (7) years of related experience, two (2) years of which were in a supervisory or lead capacity.
- Master’s degree may substitute for experience up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
Energy Efficiency Services (EES) annually processes over 19,000 rebate applications totaling up to $27M. This position will manage the Shared Services group within Energy Efficiency Services. The team is responsible for answering all incoming customer inquiries, processing the application review on all rebate applications, quality control programs for installation of EE technologies, Energy Conservation Audit Disclosure Ordinance administration, coordination of general EES reporting, EES contract support, and providing data and presentation support to the Director of EES. Additional duties include but are not limited to; audit compliance and controls within the rebate processing system, understanding the IRC on 1099 issuance, providing advanced leadership on integrating fraud controls and accounting separation of duties into the rebate processing system, review programs/projects for streamlining opportunities, develop, manage & administer contracts, short and long range plans, forecasts, and budgets, develop, review, interpret, & rewrite ordinances, codes, & regulations, develop & manage quality assurance and quality control initiatives, scheduling, develop & conduct internal program audits. Additionally responsible for managerial duties; hiring, promoting, disciplinary actions, & performance.
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history. A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Describe your specific experience for each position. Include all job duties, responsibilities, and employment dates. Any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment. Please be sure that your application is a reflection of your entire work history.
Resumes will not be accepted. Statements such as “see resume” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application. Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
The responses to the supplemental questions should reference the employment history listed in the employment history section. Once the requisition has closed, the application cannot be changed to update work history, supplemental questions, or any other information.
We reserve the right to verify high school and college education for the top candidate(s).
If you have any questions regarding your City of Austin employment application, please use the official website of the City of Austin as reference. www.austintexas.gov
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
VETERAN INTERVIEW PREFERENCE:
Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 verifying honorable discharge, at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT:
This position is classified as EXEMPT.
CLOSING OF REQUISITION:
Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement.
$42.31 – $56.06
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
811 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, TX 78704
- 1 year experience dealing with Internal Revenue Code related to 1099 issuance
- 3 years experience handling audits, fraud and financial controls
- 3 years experience with FinTech platforms
- 1 year of experience in City Ordinance administration
- 3 years experience streamlining processes
- 1 year experience implementing Quality Control programs
- 3 years experience with request for proposals, negotiation and contract management
- 1 year experience with reports, budget, planning, forecasts
- Experience Managing 2+ complex-integrated utility projects simultaneously
- Experience managing teams of 10+ individuals on multi-year software implementation
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Develops and implements short and long range plans, and innovative programs, to promote Austin Energy’s energy efficiency projects and programs that meet or exceed long-term goals established by City Council and executive management. Manages program budgets including federal stimulus funded projects and processes, and other program grants.
- Leads, charters, manages, and participates in project teams inside Austin Energy and in the wider community.
- Determines goals, objectives, and resource requirements for activities within the division. Establishes processes and procedures to provide energy efficiency services, ensuring compliance with all city ordinances, resolutions, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Manages the development, implementation and evaluation of processes for Austin Energy Rebate Programs, including quality control systems, outreach, training, education, marketing, stakeholder engagement, tours, and conferences.
- Develops and oversees implementation of processes for communicating energy efficiency opportunities and achievements to the larger community.
- Develops new contracts by negotiating with vendors/contractors; preparing scopes of work and/or specifications; writing contracts; writing terms and conditions; investigating alternative purchasing methods and recommending procedures for implementation.
- Develops, monitors, and manages program and related budgets as required.
- Researches and drafts documents for presentation and publication such as status reports and annual reports. Provides regular reports, summaries, analyses and recommendations.
- Participates in workshops, public hearings, stakeholder processes, and team meetings. Represents Austin Energy’s Energy Efficiency Services or Green Building division before various formal, informal and advisory groups, government departments, trade associations, and other groups and entities.
- Fosters city-wide initiatives that can advance the principles, financial and environmental benefits from implementing energy efficiency best practices. Promotes the City of Austin as a leader and model in energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Manages development of the Residential or Commercial Energy Code for the City of Austin.
- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency products, programs and technologies.
- Knowledge of electric utility industry operations and finances, including emerging industry trends, challenges, and opportunities relating to energy efficiency and distributed energy resources.
- Knowledge of energy industry emerging technologies, trends, processes, and procedures.
- Knowledge of utility demand side management techniques and objectives.
- Knowledge of local, regional, and national energy efficiency movements and issues.
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
- Knowledge of project management and internal control concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of environmental planning, statistical analysis, communications, business and economics, or public administration.
- Knowledge of supervisory, managerial, and leadership techniques and principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to understand customer sector challenges and service requirements and trends, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to understand the technical language associated with energy efficiency and interact effectively with technical staff, consultants, and experts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with builders, developers, contractors, architects, general public, and city employees.
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.