Location(s): CO - Denver
Is it time to see how all those college courses translate to the real world? Are you ready to work alongside experienced professionals on real projects and issues? An internship at Xcel Energy will give you practical experience in the energy industry at a company that’s committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship.
Develop and produce standard and ad hoc reports on customers, sales, loads, weather and economic indicators for various internal and external clients. Assist Forecasting Analysts and Senior Forecasting Analysts by designing and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, researching and procuring customers, sales, load, weather and economic data, and producing necessary analytical reports. Candidate will learn and use data management and statistical software.
Please include a copy of college transcript(s) (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) with the submitted application/resume.
• Sophomore or higher status. Pursuing a technical major such as mathematics, statistics, economics, business, computer science. We are unable to consider graduate students for this position.
• Possess basic computer skills, preferably with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel and Word).
• Candidate should have an interest in learning and using data management and statistical software.
• Good organizational, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Preference given to candidates who are able to work 40 hours during the summer and 20 hours during the academic year at our downtown Denver location.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 25295:Sales Energy & Demand Forcast || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17333
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com