The Company: nFront Consulting has experienced consultants providing clients (generation and transmission project developers, lenders, equity investors, financial institutions, public and private utilities, and other utility-related interests) with high-quality, innovative, and strategic solutions to complex energy issues.
The Position Sector: Transmission and Delivery provides independent transmission consulting, analyses and advisory services to support project financing, acquisitions, development, transmission risk, curtailment and congestion assessments, transmission planning, resource integration, markets, open access, expert witness and regulatory services.
Location: Location is flexible.
The Role:Consultant performing a wide range of assignments applicable to nFront’s transmission and delivery services, including modeling, economic and financial analyses of electric power markets. Work closely as part of an integrated team to perform the following:
- Strategic and transactional support to project developers, utilities, and lenders;
- Market, renewables, energy, capacity and ancillary services leadership;
- Security Constrained Economic Dispatch (SCED), nodal cost/benefit, congestion and curtailment analyses;
- Capacity expansion review, development, validation
- Generation, energy market, transmission simulation and cost/economic analyses; and Transmission assessment reporting.
- Candidate must have previous work experience with a firm providing consulting service within the United States electric power energy markets.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of electric energy industry experience with a focus on North America.
- Undergraduate or masters degree in engineering, finance, or economics required.
- Ability to dedicate space for a full-time, professional home office with high speed internet.Candidate must possess the following abilities/skills
- Proficiency with nodal models (ProMOD experience and ERCOT market preferred);
- Understanding of United States power markets including renewable resources;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Primary tools include ABB’s ProMOD/TAM, S&P Global Energy Data, Energy Velocity Suites, Power‑Gem’s TARA power flow, and GE’s PSLF;
- Access to data includes FERC CEII, transmission operator registrations and licensed data sources;
- Skype for Business with VoIP telephony with personal headset;
- Microsoft Office 365 and Collaboration software (Microsoft SharePoint and Skype for Business).
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Applying: Submit resume via email to email@example.com