Master’s degree with major course work in a field related to the job may substitute for experience up to one (1) year.
1. Assist in Qualified Scheduling Entity (QSE) bidding and scheduling functions. Monitors Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) transmission congestion and determines impacts to Austin Energy (AE) energy schedules.
2. Assist wholesale energy marketing and dispatching, energy market systems development and implementation, wholesale market analysis, and energy risk management.
3. Assists with generating unit dispatch and commitment decision to the power plants. Monitors and coordinates generating unit status and performance among affected parties.
5. Supports ERCOT market financial settlement/dispute activities and process.
6. Assist the compliance with ERCOT and NERC protocols and guides, and other applicable regulations.
• To be considered, all relevant employment information must be included in your on-line application. Any information not included in your on-line application will not be considered.
• Describe your specific experience for each position.
• You must use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
• Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your employment application, not your resume or cover letter.
• Supplemental information or changes to your application will not be accepted after the job posting closes.
• The responses to the supplemental questions inquiring about experience should be reflected on your application.
• This position requires the use of an ERCOT Digital Certificate (EDC) and, therefore, will require a Security Review to determine if the candidate meets all the requirements for issuance of the EDC.
$38.60 – $51.01Hours
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – 40 Hour Work Week
May occasionally work evenings, weekends or holiday. Hours may change based on business needs.
This position requires the ability to be on call on a 24X7 rotating basis.
1. Master/PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering.
2. Experience and understanding of the ERCOT Nodal Market or other nodal power markets including Day Ahead and Real Time Market Operations as well as nodal market shadow settlement.
3. Working experience and proficiency with software development using Java programming language.
4. Experience managing Linux servers.
5. Experience with Oracle database design, SQL development, and database administrations.
6. Knowledge and experience with Unit Commitment and Economic Dispatch.
7. Ability to work on call on a 24×7 rotating basis to support real-time computer applications.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
NoneKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.