Join the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) as we transform energy for the State of Maryland. Through the Strategic Energy Investment Fund and the Maryland Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard (RPS), you will have an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of shaping and implementing Maryland’s clean energy policies. We are looking for the best and the brightest people to join the team that has made Maryland one of the nation’s leaders in clean reliable energy.
The Energy Efficiency Program Manager position works under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director of Energy Programs, and in concert with other MEA program managers and administrative staff, to implement and support energy efficiency initiatives that primarily focus on commercial and industrial entities, as well as local government energy initiatives across Maryland. MEA’s energy programs are primarily funded through the Maryland Strategic Energy Investment Fund (SEIF) and may consist of technical assistance, loans, and/or grants designed to help achieve Maryland’s energy goals.
• Assess the existing energy efficiency market for new opportunities that can be used to advance the State of Maryland’s energy goals
• Collaborate with entities to reduce energy consumption and save on energy bills
• Manage assigned energy efficiency grantees through the entire grant process, which will include:
• Design and implement new energy efficiency programs including, but not limited to, making incentive recommendations, developing program documentation, and overseeing the program implementation process;
• Provide technical review of grant and/or loan proposals, evaluating technical and financial feasibility;
• Manage implementation contractors helping MEA implement energy program;
• Manage program budgets and data collection using the Salesforce web application.;
• Pursue external funding for energy efficiency programs from federal, state or private sources;
• Working knowledge of energy and environmental policy;
• Review energy efficiency legislation during the annual legislative session; and
• Assists with evaluation and analysis of the EmPOWER Maryland Program.
Candidates should have at least a bachelor’s degree, and preferably a master’s degree, in an energy- or engineering-related field as well as a minimum of two years of experience developing and implementing energy efficiency programs focused on commercial, institutional, industrial, and/or governmental entities. Preference will be given to individuals with experience working with utility-run energy efficiency programs as either a program implementer or as an installation contractor, as well as to those individuals who have previously managed federal or state grant programs, ideally energy-focused. Previous experience working with residential and or commercial energy efficiency and/or renewable energy technologies will be looked at favorably, as will candidates with energy-related certifications (e.g. CEM) and experience with energy building codes. Knowledge of the legislative process is a plus. Work with / in the Non-Governmental Organizations / Non-Profits community would be an added plus. Strong writing, presentation, and analytical skills required.
To Apply - Click above 'Apply" link and: Send cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements by email with “Energy Program Manager – Energy Efficiency”
Candidates receive notification of receipt; however, only the top candidates will be invited to interview for the position.
Salary: This is a State permanent position with full benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.