Position Summary Description
Performs accounting, reporting, contract administration and analysis functions to support Seminole’s power and fuel procurement activity within its Commercial Operations group.
* Performs energy accounting in Seminole’s Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) database(s) to support power and fuel procurement.
* Coordinates activities under term commercial agreements, such as organization and completion of contractual data requirements, credit support, notifications and annual testing.
* Administers the notification and processing of commercial activities to support contractual deadlines.
* Prepares reports for the commercial power and fuels team for management, executive and Board review.
* Completes and ensures accurate reports for external compliance processes (FERC, EIA and CFTC).
* Ensures appropriate storage/retention of all existing and/or new agreements with other internal departments.
* Coordinates the internal invoice review process for all term agreements. Resolves invoicing issues as appropriate, or elevates issues upward if resolution is not achieved.
* Coordinates various commercial mid-office functions (e.g. credit monitoring, transaction confirmation) across departments and supports development of new tools and processes to reduce Seminole’s commercial transaction risk.
* Prepares procedures and practices pertaining to Seminole’s commercial activities for review by management.
* Coordinates the processing of purchase requisitions consistent with budgeted expenses.
* Supports front office gas scheduling as necessary in a back-up role.
Other duties representative of the position
Normal office working conditions. Travel and work outside of regularly scheduled hours may be required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or other related field. Additional related work experience may be substituted for education requirements. Three years of relevant data analysis, accounting or related experience or a minimum of one year of experience with energy accounting and settlements within the fuel procurement and/or energy trading sectors of the electric utility industry.
* Energy Accounting
* Data Collection
* Microsoft Office Skills and Energy Trading and Risk Management Software Capability
* Communication (written and oral)
* Planning and Organization
If access code is present please click on the Employee Tab to enter the access code to post.