ENGINEER (Gas Tech Engineering)
*Belleville or Decatur locations
Ameren Illinois delivers energy to 1.2 million electric and 812,000 natural gas customers in Illinois. Our mission is to power the quality of life. Our service area covers more than 1,200 communities and 43,700 square miles. For more information, visit AmerenIllinois.com or find us on Twitter @AmerenIllinois. For more on the ActOnEnergy program, visit actonenergy.com.
About The Position
The Engineer performs project engineering and project management duties in order to complete plans, designs, and cost estimates, related to the construction and operation of gas transmission facilities (above 20% SYMS) with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
· Develop engineering designs, cost estimates, and project management for gas transmission and related facilities including metering, pressure regulators, overpressure protection, filtration and separation equipment, and pipeline heater installations.
· Plan, design, budget, engineer, and manage gas construction projects related to reliability for the gas transmission system.
· Provide technical support to Gas Technical Supervisors, Distribution Design Supervisor, Field Engineering Representatives, Energy Services Specialists, the Gas Construction Supervisors, other departments, customers and other organizations.
· As required, prepare bid packages and present information to contractors at bid meetings.
· Assist with Corrosion, Storage, and Pipeline Integrity activities including design, construction, maintenance, pigging, and code compliance.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of department and division goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
· Participate in special projects or tasks, including emergencies, as required.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering (other engineering disciplines acceptable depending upon qualifications) from an accredited college or university required. E.I.T. (Engineer-in-Training) certification or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred. Two or more years of experience in the design and application of natural gas metering and pressure regulation equipment preferred. Two or more years of experience understanding gas flow network modeling techniques preferred. Experience in design and/or construction of gas transmission facilities preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human relations skills. Must have good analytical skills, knowledge of GIS, mapping, drafting, and advanced computer skills. Must be adaptable and flexible. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.