Ameren Missouri has been providing electric and gas service for more than 100 years, and the company's electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. Ameren Missouri's mission is to power the quality of life for its 1.2 million electric and 127,000 natural gas customers in central and eastern Missouri. The company's service area covers 64 counties and more than 500 communities including the greater St. Louis area. For more information, visit AmerenMissouri.com or follow Ameren Missouri on Facebook or Twitter.
About The Position
The Distribution GIS & Design Engineer is primarily responsible for the design activities associated with the safe and reliable development of the electric distribution system as it pertains to infrastructure additions, upgrades, and relocations, new business, and construction maintenance activities. The Distribution GIS & Design Engineer ensures compliance with company tariffs, procedures, design standards, and safety code requirements. The Distribution GIS & Design Engineer also provides technical support for GIS, the corporate distribution infrastructure record, and other mapping operations within Ameren Missouri's electric service territory.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manage the safe and timely completion of designs and estimates for sub-transmission and distribution system enhancements (under 100kV) with an emphasis on adherence to company standards, procedures, and policies. This includes designs for new business, infrastructure replacement, relocations, construction maintenance, and upgrade/expansion activities.
· Work with division personnel and other Company departments to plan for, acquire, and schedule distribution GIS and design resources, both internal and external to the Company, in order to meet customer and project needs.
· Manage the development and review the quality and accuracy of large-scale construction project designs, whether developed inside or outside the Company. Review the work of designers, and GIS/mapping personnel for quality and consistency in order to provide exceptional service to internal customers.
· Work closely with consultants, vendors, and architectural/engineering firms to monitor the quality and accuracy of their design and mapping work products. Oversee the work activities of these external resources, and coach and evaluate them as required in order to ensure their delivery of a quality product.
· Ensure that design work products are in compliance with industry and company design standards. Work with division engineers, designers, field employees, project managers, and other customer stakeholders to resolve identified project issues in the interest of compliance with safety, design, timeline, and financial performance criteria. Provide direction and technical assistance as required from these discussions to personnel completing designs and estimates of distribution projects.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of workgroup and departmental goals as appropriate. Identify and implement improvements in department operations and processes designed to enhance safety, control costs, remove waste, and improve productivity. Actively participate in local co-worker engagement, diversity, and continuous improvement efforts.
· Effectively utilize and provide technical support relating to the use of various energy delivery business systems. Provide computer hardware and system support, training, and application development for design and GIS users.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is preferred. Preference is to have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering examination or have a Professional Engineer's license. Three or more years of electric utility distribution or related engineering experience is preferred. Engineering experience in a customer service division is preferred.
* Technical career path level depends upon applicant’s credentials
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of corporate computer applications (e.g. OAS, CSS, DOJM, ADMS, and/or EMPRV) and GIS. Excellent analytical, decision-making, communication, organizational, and human relations skills. Healthy customer service mindset and an ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders internal and external to the Company.
The GIS and Distribution Engineer works a standard day shift in an office and field environment which can include walking over rough terrain. This position is subject to emergency call-out as a result of widespread storm restoration efforts. May be called in after hours or required to work in unpleasant weather conditions during periods of operational emergency.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.