Ameren Missouri has been providing electric and gas service for more than 100 years, and the company's electric rates are among the lowest in the nation. Ameren Missouri's mission is to power the quality of life for its 1.2 million electric and 127,000 natural gas customers in central and eastern Missouri. The company's service area covers 64 counties and more than 500 communities including the greater St. Louis area. For more information, visit AmerenMissouri.com or follow Ameren Missouri on Facebook or Twitter.
About The Position
The Materials Management Engineer performs materials management and labor requisition activities for substation, overhead, and underground projects. The position is based at the Developmental Resource Center and has primary responsibility for supporting Customer Operations, with some travel required. The position will include project support duties that may require long and/or non-stand work hours.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and support materials management activities on substation, overhead, and underground projects, including developing forecasts, procuring, and managing of stock items, engineered materials, and equipment.
- Responsible for executing the project supply chain strategy, including initiating all capital material requisitions; tracking, managing, and ensuring acceptance of POs; and performing invoice payment analysis.
- Review materials identified on the BOM and coordinate material delivery, inspection, and quality checks; identify material shortages or damages; communicate any issues with key project stakeholders (e.g., project managers, project controls, project engineers, etc.).
- Interact with other Customer Operations groups, vendors, contractors, architect/engineering firms and internal customers.
- Oversee and direct outside consultants, engineers, and vendors as necessary.
- Utilize lessons learned, best practices and innovative approaches to continually improve work processes.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university required. Professional Engineer (P.E.) license preferred. One or more years of relevant experience preferred, particularly in regard to substation, overhead, or underground project or materials management or similar. Candidate should be proficient in forecasting and scheduling and should be detail orientated.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Must have good analytical, communication and human relations skills. Must be proficient MS office and SharePoint.
*Technical career path level depends upon applicants’ credentials and position market pay range.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.