Engineering Analyst 3
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provides in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering activities and programs.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems.
- Provides initial or complete task management of engineering issues.
- Perform engineering and technical tasks as assigned by supervision applying general engineering principles
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs.
- Recommends equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
High School Diploma and minimum 10 years experience (5 of the 10 years must be at the exempt level)
- Associates Degree and minimum 8 years experience (3 of the 8 years must be at the exempt level)
-8 years overall experience with 2 years of FLS experience
-5 or more years solid performance in exempt-level Engineering-related roles with demonstration of FLS competencies
- Associates Degree
- Engineering Technologyor
- Non-engineering Technical Bachelor's degree
- Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review.
- Performs independently in specialty area and actively imparts knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineering Analyst. Must be able to manage and implement technical programs, has wide latitude to make technical decisions with accountabilities.
- Plant Engineering:
- Support development of complex troubleshooting plans in support of plant operations. Monitor, assess and improve the performance and reliability of plant systems and components. Utilize system indicators to monitor equipment performance or degradation. Identify and pursue material condition improvements, including predictive and performance centered maintenance optimization. Support engineering functions.
- Design Engineering:
- Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plants physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- Programs Engineering:
- Monitor, enhance, and implement technical programs. Identify, schedule and oversee code and regulatory inspections per technical program requirements. Support field execution of programmatic inspections.
- Prepare required analysis and program documents to support inspection scopes.
- Engineering Services:
- Support development of engineering budgets, business planning and projects. Support configuration control of engineering records (calculations, design changes). Support engineering programs and functions. Support engineering department scheduling, equipment databases and corrective action program.
- Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on process computer and control systems, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on protective relays and associated circuits. Implement improvements as required.
- Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on power instruments, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on exciters and voltage regulator equipment, implement improvements as required. Perform Electrical Construction testing for modifications and new installations of electrical equipment and associated circuits. Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting electrical equipment. Provide technical expertise on maintaining, improving and troubleshooting generators, voltage regulators and motors.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Limerick NPS (00145)
3146 SANATOGA RD