Job: Engineering Services Specialist Category: Customer Service/Support Job Location: US-MN-Ramsey
Connexus Energy provides electric service to 130,000+ customer-members in a 7-county area just north of Minneapolis/St. Paul Minnesota. We are proud of our exceptional rankings in service reliability and customer service, and seek an individual who can help us continue to achieve outstanding results.
We have an immediate opening for an Engineering Services Specialist to support our distribution design team in the coordination of requests for new service and changes to existing service. This role serves as the first point of contact for customers (electricians, developers, builders, consultants and government entities) to coordinate work, resolve problems and manage expectations while providing exceptional customer service.
Key Responsibilities & Results:
• Process commercial and plat applications accurately and in a timely manner to ensure construction timelines are met
• Plan, schedule and manage applications for existing commercial customer upgrades and changes through completion
• Process all capital lighting requests, including plat developments, residential and commercial properties, and government agency requests in order to ensure accurate data and billing is recorded
• Explain distribution system construction process, including time frames, service size and rate information to customers
• Communicate with external and internal customers throughout the design process including, ensuring all applications and supporting documents are completed and received, setting up billing information and collecting payments, calculating transformer sizes based on need
• Facilitating coordination of changes and upgrade work among multiple work groups
• Create and maintain work orders in WAMS software
• Process requests of foreign attachments in order to ensure accurate data for billing purposes
Required Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
• High school diploma
• 5 years’ customer service experience
• 2 years of experience related to electricity and/or electrical construction
• Knowledge of basic electricity and 3-phase voltages, transformers, wire size and energy usage
• Knowledge of construction environment (e.g., road, building, utility)
• Knowledge of the National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code
• Knowledge of demand and how electric meters measure demand
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite products: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to develop technical knowledge of electric utility distribution, construction and maintenance
• Ability to develop technical knowledge of design process and components
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
Preferred Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:
• 2 year Associates degree
The application review process will begin on January 22 and will continue until the position is filled.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive wage and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
Apply: Please submit your application online for review using the following link.
Connexus Energy: Engineering Services Specialist
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.