ENGINEERING SERVICES SUPERINTENDENT
The City of Dover, (Dover, Delaware) is currently recruiting for the position of Engineering Services Superintendent. The essential functions of this position are to oversee and direct the daily operations and staff supervision of the Engineering division (engineering, substations and switching), and organize, manage and provide technical guidance related to the design of, and prepare plans for improvement to the City’s electrical transmission and distribution systems.
Ethical conduct and honest behavior are our basic organizational values. Candidates will be instrumental in assisting to make Dover a place where people want to live through our motto –
Dedication, Ownership, Vision, Excellenceand Reliability
- Supervision of staff, planning, training, policy, procedures, safety regulation compliance, equipment, budget, and reporting.
- Oversight of contractors is required.
- Develop and implement programs within organizational policies.
- Reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports.
- Decision-making is a significant part of the job, affecting a large segment of the organization and the general public.
- Works in a dynamic environment, assists in creating policies and practices and developing and managing Capital Improvement Projects.
- Develop, prepare, and implement the division’s annual budget, approve expenditures and prepare financial forms and reports.
- Maintain and oversee specifications and contracts for various out-source services and assist with substation maintenance and design.
- Maintain compliance and ensure adequate inventory of departmental equipment and supplies.
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing payroll, develop schedules, and manage correspondence and records.
- Interact with department personnel, other agencies, outside organizations and citizens to provide information.
- Creating and maintaining a productive, harmonious and respectful work environment.
- Hiring, training, staff empowerment and development.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing a culture of service excellence, working to embed the standards, behaviors and strategies needed to bring lasting improvements in service delivery in all business areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Requires a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in electric utility related engineering.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Valid Delaware Driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Business, Public Administration or Engineering
- Direct supervision of engineering staff highly desirable
- Experience with computer based financial programs
- Strong people leadership
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
- Culture management
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work effectively and accurately
- Listening, problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strong collaboration with all levels internal and external to the organization
- Standards and process oriented with strong implementation and follow-up skills
The City of Dover offers a total compensation package, which includes health, dental, and vision insurance; 401a and 457 deferred compensation plans; and group life insurance. Paid vacation and sick leave are provided.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter, and desired salary to: Julia Jensen, Recruiter, Avant Energy: Julia.email@example.com
The City of Dover is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (www.cityofdover.com)
A successful criminal background and driving record investigation will be required.
Weekly Compensation Rate: Based Upon Qualifications.