Under general supervision, provide support for the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of the electric distribution and service system. Assists in project management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, designs, and prepares estimates for the relocation of electric systems.
- Coordinates, designs, and prepares estimates for the construction of electric distribution and service systems to serve new and existing customers.
- Recommends, designs, and prepares estimates for system improvement projects.
- Prepare and monitor job orders and status, and coordinate between departmental employees and outside parties with regard to site readiness and construction schedules. Assists with the development of project budgets.
- Reviews and commissions solar applications.
- Reviews communications applications for new fiber and small cell installs.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of design practices for gas and/or electric distribution and service systems.
- Working ability to use engineering knowledge related to the preparation and analysis of plans and specifications.
- Working ability to manage electric engineering projects.
- Valid driver's license.
AA/EOE-Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Disabled/Vets