PurposeSupports enterprise architecture analysis and design efforts, proactively directing solutions toward desired business outcomes. The Enterprise Architect manages and facilitates architecture activities to develop plans which map to business goals. This includes working with various roles in the organization to clarify business needs, analyze and review solution architectures, develop target architectures, and define innovative standards.
Note: This posting will create an eligibility list that will be used to fill both Full-time and Limited-term positions.
Three (3+) or more years progressively responsible experience in technology, to include at least one(1+) designing and documenting business solutions or IT/IS architecture.
BA/BS in information systems or other related discipline, or 7 years equivalent experience.
All technology layers: applications, data, infrastructure, security; Architecture frameworks principles, procedures, and best practices; Graphical modeling approaches, for analysis and design of target architectures; IT operational environments, to ensure plans can be practically applied; Financial and budgeting practices, and cost-benefit analysis; Emerging technology trends, without vendor bias
Facilitate cross-organization teams and manage tasks, to develop plans for architecture development; Effectively communicate verbally, written, and visually with different audiences clearly and concisely; Analyze and translate business needs and IT strategies into architecture requirements; Comprehend new/disruptive technologies, to evaluate for practical solutions for business problems; Support standards definition, review, and oversight; Facilitate and negotiate decisions between stakeholders; Support agile iterative approaches to drive results and innovation
Major Duties & Responsibilities• Supports development of target architectures and road maps.
• Facilitates regular activities and engagements between EA roles, and documents decisions.
• Develop and organize visual models and documentation.
• Work with appropriate business roles, to translate goals into architecture priorities and requirements.
• Work with solution leads to review architecture changes and gaps, to assess opportunities.
• Facilitate development and management of innovative technology standards with IT stakeholders.
• Serves as an enterprise level consultant to business and IT leaders.
• Coordinate with project and planning leads, to ensure EA engagement and guidance.
• Other related duties as assigned