Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Auditing, Greenhouse Gas, and Corporate Reporting
Environmental Analyst IV:
Plans, supervises, provides expertise/consultation, reviews progress, and evaluates results on projects and programs involving engineering, permitting, licensing, auditing, regulatory compliance, and/or environmental assessments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental statutes and regulations. Possesses comprehensive knowledge of theories and principles and applies it in creative and effective ways to a broad range of very difficult and complex assignments. Under consultative direction and with substantial latitude for unreviewed actions and decisions conducts important investigations requiring the application of new approaches in the field. Routinely serves on special work teams and uses expert technical knowledge to act as lead person or technical advisor on medium to large projects. Assignments are routinely self-initiated.
The Auditing, Greenhouse Gas, and Corporate Reporting team has staff in Minneapolis, Denver, and Amarillo. The Team performs a variety of tasks including environmental compliance audits; data review and submittal of Xcel Energy’s greenhouse gas emissions under EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting Rule reports; developing greenhouse gas emission information to support voluntary, non-regulatory submittals and internal/municipal/state requests for emission information; data review and submittal of chemical inventory reports under federal, state, and local regulations; development and distribution of performance indicator reports; support of the Environmental Software Project implementation; and regulatory review. Preference will be given to candidates with working knowledge of greenhouse gas emissions reporting, EPCRA reporting, and chemical inventory reporting for the Colorado counties of Denver, Jefferson, Arapahoe, and Larimer.
Key assignments for this position will include:
- Support Xcel Energy’s greenhouse gas reporting program, which includes reporting of Xcel Energy’s greenhouse gas emissions under the EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting Rule (Subparts A, C, D, W, DD, and NN)
Support Xcel Energy’s non-regulatory greenhouse gas emission reports (including SEC reporting, the Corporate Responsibility Report, Carbon Disclosure Project, Truecost, etc.)
- Support the Chemical Reporting Program for Public Service Company of Colorado (PSCo) including coordinating reporting under EPCRA Tier II, EPCRA Toxic Chemical Release Inventory, county chemical inventory reporting, TSCA submissions for Chemical Safety and Pesticide Program, and CERCLA continuous release reporting
- Provide technical support to facilities regarding inspections and audits by state and federal regulatory agencies and internal company auditing groups.
- Participate in the Public Service Company of Colorado’s emergency response pager rotation
- Administers and consults on complex programs designed to minimize deficiencies and ensure compliance with regulations and permits. Directs site environmental projects as necessary. (Major areas may include: auditing, air permitting and compliance, water/wastewater permitting and compliance, land quality, above ground and underground storage tanks, emergency plans, DOT compliance, FAA safety regulations, and hazardous, liquid and solid waste disposal.)
- Negotiates and administers license and permit applications and response actions to ensure compliance with existing federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Performs as a regulatory liaison with federal, state, and local agencies. Presents testimony at environmental hearings to support company position on environmental regulatory development.
- Directs and/or conducts data collection, strategic studies, evaluations, and report development to support environmental regulatory requirements at Xcel facilities. Projects may include proposed legislation and/or emerging public issues, operating permit limits and/or potential environmental regulatory noncompliance.
- Develops training lesson plan content that meet Xcel Academy standards, maintains instructor qualifications, and provides regulatory compliance training to Xcel personnel as is regulatory required and/or customer requested.
- Monitors outcomes of incidents, regulatory inspections and internal audits of company owned facilities, contractors, and/or outside disposal facilities and conducts and/or assesses root cause analysis to ensure corrective actions adequately address the problem and non-compliance conditions are not repeated. Provides support for emergency environmental incidents as needed.
- Monitors statutes, regulations, licenses, and/or permits for potential impacts to facility operations. Reviews proposed regulations, licenses, and/or permits to determine potential impacts to facility operations. Serves as the lead reviewer coordinating comments from others into a single company position recommendation.
- Prepares requests for proposals, contract agreements, and project estimates. Supports and/or selects and manages consultants and contractors.
- Assists others in developing, refining and implementing the strategic goals and objectives of Xcel Energy. Contributes to process teams concerning budget and regulatory compliance.
- BS/BA in environmental science, engineering, applied science, or related fields (Associate college degree in areas of environmental or applied science and three years of progressive responsibilities in related work experience may be substituted for the education requirement. The following additional advanced education in the field can be substituted for related work experience: MS/MA/MBA = 2 years; PhD/J.D. = 3 years.)
- Six years of progressively more responsible environmental related work experience that may include, but is not limited to, environmental regulations, greenhouse gas emissions reporting, and chemical inventory reporting.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 42430:Audit/Issues || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 10941
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com