Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop, implement, and continuously refine SEL's environmental systems and programs to comply with federal, state, and local regulations and SEL requirements. With periodic supervision, works independently and in teams creatively to solve problems with minimal interruption to production.
2. Mentor and develop more junior engineers in SEL processes, culture and standard professional practices.
3. Participates in and may lead cross functional teams to create company-wide solutions within areas of expertise. Participate in meetings requiring EHS subject matter expertise, including negotiations with regulatory agencies.
4. Manage active hazard control and incident prevention programs. Prepare, review, and submit reports to identify root causes and recommend corrective actions.
5. Develop, supervise, and coordinate training programs designed to meet or exceed regulatory and other requirements which reduce environmental impacts; communicate to all levels of management and employee owners.
6. Respond to job related customer inquiries, questionnaires, surveys, requirements, issues, and any Environmental incidents.
7. Support and advise SEL's Property and Contracts and Risk Departments with RFQs/RFPs, approved contractor status, contract negotiation efforts, and customer required documents and information construction activities.
8. Identify and proactively respond to new international and national regulatory, legislative, customer, industry or other requirements and trends that apply to Environmental aspects.
9. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
10. Understand. Create.
11. Simplify. Other duties as assigned.
Professional certification in area of expertise (Environmental, OHS), ASP, CSP, CHMM, CIH, PG.
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Four-year degree in Engineering or science related field.
Work experience in a manufacturing environment, including audit, inspection and training
Experience as 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 auditor
Stand and walk for extended periods