SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Reporting to the Manager of Integrated Creative, the Design Studio Lead will direct designers and creative teams of various levels and expertise in the execution of creative concepts, including local and national campaigns, and ultimately be responsible for the delivery of the Design Studio’s project work. This work requires a creative, conceptual, and strategic thinker who is experienced and confident tackling a brief from beginning to end, devising innovative and inspiring creative to solve business needs and deliver rich customer experiences. The role will insist on the highest creative standards and lead design across all platforms, including interactive, video, social and experiential. In addition to possessing top-shelf creative skills, a flexible mindset, and a visionary outlook, you have a proven track record in delivering on multiple details in a fast-moving and complex environment, excellent organizational and management skills, and the ability to mentor, motivate, and oversee multiple teams and junior colleagues, as needed.
- Provides leadership for team of 8-10 designers and take an active role in developing staff to remain continuously relevant in the industry — including employee training and mentorship, employee engagement, and performance management.
- Lead and participate in concept and execution of highly successful integrated campaigns that engage, support and educate our customer base.
- Be a creative ambassador, who leads by example and fosters a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams and business partners – ultimately setting professional creative standards for the entire team.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and promote awareness and collaboration between Marketing, Analytics, Content Strategy, Vehicle Delivery and Customer Experience teams.
- Ensure that creative scope is aligned with schedule and budgets.
- Assist the project team overall in solving difficult design challenges and overcoming obstacles, and proactively identify and resolve team issues before they surface
- Articulate and defend strategic thinking and creative direction, to audiences of varying levels, size, and backgrounds, including to team members or senior leadership teams.
- Oversee creative work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and design standards; resolving operational problems; and identifying work process improvements.
- Dive deeply into the user experience and competitor strategies to identify and activate meaningful insights; and communicate those insights effectively along with proposed actions and remedies.
- Lead creative process integration and collaboration between multiple teams
- On-board new in-house creatives and freelancers
- Monitors and ensures the efficient utilization of resources, equipment, and technology tools.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all teammates, business partners, and direct reports.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Minimum 5 years of experience as an Associate Creative Director, Art Director, or Senior Designer.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, COmmunciations, Marketing, Design or related field preferred.
- Self aware leader and team player with refined leadership skills, and the ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data, and diplomacy.
- Proven track record of managing a design team to achieve results.
- Strong detail orientation to ensure quality, consistency and alignment.
- Possess cultural awareness/sensitivity to land communications with diverse audience groups.
- Demonstrated ability to grow brand and identity development.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and analytic, oral/written communication, project management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to communicate creative solutions with confidence, ease and clarity.
- Thorough knowledge of information architecture, usability, UI and UX Design, and a professional understanding of typography in both print and screen media, including fluent illustration, prototyping and/or multimedia skills.
- Strong understanding of web-based information design and topology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work through escalations and difficult situations independently.
- An online portfolio with specific examples of high quality integrated marketing and design work reflecting individual conceptual thinking, teamwork, and impact on customers.
- Mastery in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign; a bonus if you have experience with Adobe After Effects, Rhino, XD or SketchUp.
- Must be familiar with project management tools and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Certifications or Testing Required
Requisition ID: 8888
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance