Job Information Job Title: Experienced Project Manager (PM3/PM4)Grade: 220/240
Org: Fuel Design & Development
Work Location: Idaho Falls, ID (4x10 or 9x80 Schedule) Mission/Vision Statement Leading Nuclear Energy and Research Technology Mission: Discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure. Vision: INL will change the world's energy future and secure our critical infrastructure. Responsibilities
The INL is seeking an experienced Project Manager (PM) for assigned projects within the Nuclear Fuels & Materials Division.
Specifically, the PM will be responsible for research and development projects supporting Principal Investigators, Line Managers, Program Managers, and Relationship Managers in managing research project/scope related to fuel fabrication, post irradiation examination, and irradiation experiments. The PM will also be responsible in project areas relating to Nuclear Fuels and Materials conducted in the Analytical Laboratory, Electron Microscopy Laboratory, Fuels and Applied Science Building, Irradiated Materials Characterization Laboratory, Hot Fuels Examination Facility, and the Center for Advanced Energy Studies.
Additionally, the PM will be responsible:
- to customer and INL management to oversee, guide, implement project scope, meet budgets and schedules for research on fuel fabrication, irradiation, and examination, using knowledge of INL business systems, facility systems, and operations.
- to organize and provide managerial leadership to project teams including engineering, project controls, procurement, construction, and other services as required for the project.
- to manage full project scope from formulation state through project delivery and closeout.
- to promote an open and informal communication environment, to develop mutual trust and teamwork and resolve problems.
- to support principal researchers in meetings and presentations with customers.
- to work with Department, Division, and Directorate management in support of industry contracts, cooperative agreements, and objectives as assigned by management.
- to mentor less experienced project managers and project personnel.
- to conduct project management assignments according to and in compliance with INL/BEA project management policies and procedures.
- for technical comprehension of operations, R&D, and business systems throughout the project to assure project scope is accomplished, schedules are met, and work is completed within budget.
- to direct meetings and presentations with customers.
- to provide input to the development and maintenance of a high performance project team.
- for providing guidance to program managers when they are establishing scope and debating options on performance, budget, and schedule.
- PM3 (Level 4) - Baccalaureate degree and 13 years experience or advanced degree and 11 years experience.
- PM4 (Level 5) - Baccalaureate degree and 15 years experience or advanced degree and 13 years experience.
Preferred Requirements Selective Service Requirements
- Skilled experience in oral and written communications and applying team building concepts in a project management environment is required.
- If not already achieved, the selected candidate must successfully receive their PMP certification within 2 years of hire.
- The selected candidate's knowledge, skills, and abilities must be reviewed and receive approval from the Project Management Committee before being hired.
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). This includes U.S. born and naturalized citizens, parolees, undocumented immigrants, legal permanent residents, asylum seekers, refugees, and all males with visas of any kind which expired more than 30 days ago. The few individuals who are exempt from this requirement are those on current non-immigrant visas. For more information see www.sss.gov.Employee Job Functions Employee Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job position which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
Essential job functions for this position include:
Please Apply Before: December 7, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (MST) Environmental, Safety and Health Statement Must be familiar with, and comply with all relevant health and safety requirements. Must be knowledgeable of emergency action policies and procedures, methods for reporting/resolving work practices or conditions to available cognizant professionals.Other Information When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.INL Overview INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 4,300 scientists, researchers and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and develop technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security and environmental missions.
- Upper Body - Fine motor control with hands.
- Equipment - Typing/keyboarding.
- Personnel Requirements - Ability to work more than 8 hours per day and the ability to work alone.
- Certification Exams - Ability to qualify for the Testing Designated Position (TDP) qualification.
The Idaho Falls Area Idaho Falls is conveniently situated near many national treasures such as Yellowstone National Park, Teton National Park, Jackson, WY, etc. For more information about the area, please visit www.visitidahofalls.com and www.visitidaho.org. Equal Employment Opportunity Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.