FCPC Senior Technician (P#2018-9458)
The FCPC Senior Electrical Technician supports the Operations Supervisor in the technical oversight for the FCPC (Field Coil Power Conversion) system operation, maintenance, and engineering upgrades, as well as in the direction and training of the relatively junior FCPC operating staff.
- Leads and completes maintenance and troubleshooting activities independently for the electrical power conversion equipment, consisting of multi-megawatt thyristor rectifiers, current limiting reactors, isolation and grounding switches, hardwired control systems and various protection, measurement and monitoring systems.
- Maintains cognizance over the FCPC operations and maintenance procedures, as well as the FCPC drawings.
- Assists with field oversight of all FCPC modifications associated with the current project as necessary.
- Effectively supports the FCPC group through integrated system testing and into project operations.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of testing and maintenance activities of specialized and complex electrical and electronic devices, assemblies and systems, according to instructions, technical manuals, or own knowledge of systems, components and their functions, gained through technical experience.
- Technical institute or AA degree with 5+ years of experience; or no degree and 8 + years of experience.
- Requires skills and knowledge beyond those expected at a journeyman electrician level. Expected to analyze design requirements, experimental plans, provide complex and specialized technical operational, maintenance or design assistance to research and engineering staff involving the layout, building, testing, repairing and modification of electrical or electronic devices, assemblies and systems.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW