Energized by Electric Power? SEL's mission is to make electric power, safer, more reliable and more economical. SEL's Government Affairs team seeks a Federal Government Affairs Manager who will advocate for policies that make the business climate safer, more reliable, and more economical. This position will be located in Washington, DC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Educate and inform U.S. policy makers, agency officials and industry organizations regarding SEL impacts of regulation, laws and policy.
2. Identify, analyze and make strategic recommendations on public policy issues impacting SEL on the national level.
3. Serve as subject matter expert on assigned policy issues by producing reports, analyses, and recommendations, both verbally and in writing, on significant policy items and events involving the federal government that are of interest to SEL.
4. Build relationships and act as a liaison with government officials, staff, and other federal partners.
5. Manage relationships with various trade associations and other industry stakeholders; drive policy development with these groups towards SEL's legislative and regulatory policies.
6. Regularly update SEL employees/leaders regarding possible, imminent and current applicable government impacts on company business.
7. Serve as an integral and participative member of SEL Government Affairs team.
8. Always advocate for free, flat, fair and open business environments
9. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing principles.
10. Understand. Create. Simplify.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Political Science, or equivalent experience in related field or industry
Minimum of five years related work experience
Knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory process
Proven experience interacting with executives and government officials
Strong organizational, analytical, networking, and time-management skills required
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
This position is located in Washington, DC.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.