This position reports to the Manager, Power Supply Contracts & Audits and in addition to being responsible for assisting in the performance of power supplier(s) cost of service and formula rate audits, it also includes the duties and responsibilities listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to analyze data and identify variances including past results, trends, and forecasts.
- Conduct comparable analyses or market research to support findings/results.
- Assist in reviewing, drafting, and analyzing power supply related contracts as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on Central’s transmission and power purchase contracts and the related billings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on market conditions and trends including monitoring activities of power suppliers and peers as required including:
- Reviewing Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North Carolina Utility Commission (NCUC), & South Carolina Public Service Commission (SCPSC) filings/dockets for the identification of dockets with significant impacts to Central.
- Reviewing financial statements and other public filings of power suppliers and peers as needed.
- Benchmarking peer data with Central’s power suppliers as needed.
- Ability to formulate conclusions/recommendations based on supported and reliable data
Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of generally acceptable accounting principles
- Knowledge of utility accounting
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Practical application of analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills including written and oral communication
- Highly detailed oriented a plus
- Project-management skills a plus
- This position requires travel of approximately 10% - 15%. This includes travel time as needed to attend conferences and training necessary to keep abreast of industry changes as need to perform the job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA License, MBA, or similar advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of audit experience preferred
- 2+ years of electric utility experience preferred
About the Company:
Central Electric Power Cooperative is a growing 4,500 MW Generation and Transmission Electric Cooperative whose 20 distribution member cooperatives serve approximately 750,000 electric customers in every county of South Carolina.
We offer a family friendly environment with good work/life balance, independence in daily tasks, and no regular overtime or weekend work. We also provide opportunity for professional development, including tuition reimbursement, industry training, and certifications. Central provides an excellent working environment and benefits package.
Central Electric Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.