Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; MN - St Paul
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Responsible for providing ownership to the Supply Chain (SC) Fleet Asset Management group. Builds and is responsible for the business processes related to the fleet annual capital investment plans, project scheduling, financial planning, and any other fleet purchasing controls functions. Recommends and coordinates business process and solutions to business area financial, accounting and scheduling processes to achieve efficiencies and savings for the corporation, SC and Business Unit (BU) fleet replacement plans. Is responsible for fleet asset lifecycle analysis, building the annual fleet capital budget, reporting and forecasting annual spend, while ensuring adherence to investment plans and delivery performance expectations. Responsible to ensure that capital budgets are built and comply with corporate policy. This position interacts with the BUs companywide on a daily basis including Fleet Operations across 47 garages companywide, business area leaders and executive mgmt. and develops solid relationships with all levels throughout the company to obtain results.Essential Responsibilities
- Owns the capital & operating budget processes. Directs the preparation, review, and controls the optimal spend of $120 million fleet operating budget and $60 million annual Fleet Capital replacement program. Develop/implement processes for monthly forecasting, reporting of capital & operating plans, modifying/reprioritizing initiatives as needed. Provide monthly financial forecasts to mgmt, business area finance and system planning & strategy. Directs cost budget analysis for fuel budgeting based on commodity pricing and consumption forecasts. Collaboratively creates and directs the preparation/evaluation of request for proposals, contract and vendor negotiations.
- Lifecycle management of 7,000 unit fleet of owned & rented assets. Ensure adoption of asset mgmt. and analytical tools, performance metrics, and management of lifecycle cost analysis to determine the optimal replacement schedule minimizing the total cost of ownership. Responsible for optimized asset management with emphasis on safety, business partner requirements, compliance, utilization, delivery date management, availability, fleet pool management, and vendor performance.
- Accountable for establishing fleet specification standardization program enterprise wide in partnership with operations partners and asset managers. Provide leadership for the development of programs to optimize vehicle utilization, minimize life cycle cost and maximize savings for the continuously evolving industry standards and emerging alternative fuel technologies. Establish/lead standardization review committee and support its process.
- Lead, create, modify and administer the development, enforcement and the execution of Fleet policies and procedures. Leverage numerous technologies such as; Fleet Management Information Systems (FMIS) and alternative fuels to ensure timely/appropriate applications of programs to optimize operation of and lower the total cost of ownership of the fleet assets.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Supply Chain Mgmt, Engineering or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience is required.
- Certifications in Project Mgmt, Fleet Mgmt or CPA preferred.
- Seven years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Asset Mgmt, Cost Accounting, Supply Chain, project management, and project controls.
- Utility industry experience is a plus.
- Four years fleet experienced preferred.
- This position requires 4 years of management experience.
- Travel to multiple offices is required.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Operations || 44100:Fleet Stndrds and Performance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17198
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com